Just a bit over a week ago, my fiancé and I were planning on staying at 968 Park for the better part of a week, but we left to take another accommodation after one night, for the following reasons:
- The wireless connection didn't work. This had been a significant problem the first time I had stayed with you last September, and I was told it was getting fixed at that time. It was apparently never really fixed or was fixed inadequately. No matter what we tried over the course of a day, we could not check email or use the internet in our room.
- The room refrigerator didn't work. We thought perhaps it was not working because it was unplugged, so we put food in it... but several hours later, it was still not working at all.
- No hot water, luke warm only. Finally, we called the desk and they ran hot water in downstairs rooms to get it flowing to us on the third floor -- it was hot only AFTER we had finished taking showers.
- Inadequate lighting in the room. In the early morning, neither of us could read the instructions on the coffee brewer without lifting and carrying it elsewhere in the room.
Overall, it was clear to me that the owner or management at 968 Park was not providing the resources needed to maintain the place as a comfortable, inviting destination that could be deemed well worth the price. I do not plan on returning there, nor recommending it to others, until I have learned that the situation has changed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are here to embody Lake Tahoe. To hand deliver to you by Tahoe locals a genuine Tahoe experience. We take pieces of the Tahoe culture, our style, the way we speak, our wood, our stone our history and we share it with you. You'll see it in the rustic industrial look of the hotel, a look that gives it hints of Tahoe's rich mining and ski history but we do it with a modern twist. We are located steps to the Heavenly Ski Village, beautiful Lake Tahoe and just a few blocks from the Stateline Nevada Casinos. You will see our dedication to sustainability in the design of the hotel along with the countless awards and certifications recognizing our efforts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, TravelClick, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your 968 Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel 968 Park
- 968 Park Lake Tahoe