“Generous staff with the best dispostion to help” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   968 Park Ave, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Ranked #14 of 71 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Berkeley, California
“Generous staff with the best dispostion to help”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I had stayed in Park 968 in 3 different occasions for skiing trips. It is my pied a terre. The location is unbeatable, you only have to cross the street and you are in the Heavenly’s Gondola. The rooms are beautiful, modern and very clean. Nevertheless, my main comment is that the staff is great, helpful and kind, specially, Lupita Benavides, the lady from the laundry department. Same wise, the rest of the ladies from the cleaning services and Chris, the manager. One of my friends, from Mexico broke his leg and we had to stay in Lake Tahoe for 7 days, the people from Park 968 gave us a great rate and help us in a very difficult situation.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Brentwood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. The staff made us feel like part of the family. They were very personable! Doug (the owner), Doug and Christina are exceptional! The pool was great, it has little cabana's to lounge in and the mattresses are the same as in the room! It was great hanging out in the lobby bar.... I can't say enough about the place! My girlfriend and I will be going back soon.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Montville, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

We booked this at last minute, and at first I wasn't concerned about the lack of AC, as the day wasn't that hot. But unfortunately, the room was really stuffy and uncomfortable, even with the noisy fan blowing all nite. Otherwise, I reco this hotel - great location, staff was friendly/helpful, and the pool, though small, was fun for kids. I would definitely return in the winter - can just imagine the perfect ambiance at the bar after skiing (very close to Heavenly)!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
San Lorenzo,Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed here with a Living Social deal. The rates are good and the location is great. Walking distance to evrything you want to do, casinos, shpping, lake and skiing. The rooms are very nice and clean. Beds are comfy. Only minus is the lack of A/C. They provide fans but the second floor room was very stuffy & hot and needed 1/2 hour to air out to get comfortable. Also had a great massage in their spa. I would stay again but of the great location.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

I did a ton of research prior to purchasing a three night stay at the hotel. I read some great things about it and was pretty excited about staying there. My husband, daughter and I booked a room with two queen beds. I'll give credit where it's due...the beds were super comfortable! Great linens, nice shower, clean. Parking was ok (really tight covered spots but space in the back that was uncovered). Excellent location! We walked everywhere. They give you a pass to the Lakeside beach (a private beach within walking distance) which was very nice. The pool was recently cleaned and pretty empty (probably because it was really cold...I'm not sure that it's actually heated...although I was under the impression that it was supposed to be). The little cabanas are adorable, very comfy. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Here's the main problem...the lack of a/c. I thought it wouldn't be a big deal. I thought the fans would circulate some cool air if we leave the window open. I was wrong, so very very wrong. The large fan squeeked, the small fan was connected to a light and irritated my husband (you want air circulating, you get the extra light when you're trying to sleep). We had a room on the second floor facing the street. Apparently South Lake Tahoe never sleeps because there were conversations going on at all hours of the night right outside our window. You close the window but you still hear noise. The fan makes enough noise on it's own (and circulates warm air with the window closed). There was no winning. Honestly it was really tough to get any sleep in the comfy beds because of the heat and noise. If they can get some decent a/c that is energy friendly (because the hotel is big on being environmentally friendly) that would really make it a good alternative for Tahoe vacationers.

Just a few other issues that really pushed me over to the "wouldn't stay here again group". They don't have much space for well, anything. The sink has very little "counter" space for what a family would need to put out (toothpaste, brushes, etc.). The fridge is super tiny. There's no microwave. The towel holder next to the sink was falling off the wall so we had to put the towel on the small wooden table that holds the sink (which was also why the lack of space was such an issue). These are just small things that got in the way of a decent stay. The a/c (or lack thereof) and noise were the pits though. Made what could've been an awesome vacation a little less enjoyable. Oh, if you're hoping for a true continental breakfast don't hold your breath...they offered two kinds of coffee cake (it was delicious but those that don't consume carbs/sugar would not be able to partake), coffee and tea. Good luck getting it to your room (no trays available). It was an interesting experience but I don't think we'll be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Vacaville, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

We wanted to love this place, but couldn't quite get there. That said, it was a better than average room for the price.

Liked:
Eco friendly focus
Cotton bedding ( not icky polyester)
Pool area
Very nice people working there
Bath fixtures were new and in good shape

Dislikes:
No air conditioning

Bedding was dirty when we arrived, had to ask for new linens

Noisy area, hard to sleep since we
needed the window open for cooler
air

Not sure if we would stay here again, but I would definitely recommend this place over all the other budget motels. I think we are just looking for a more luxury brand
hotel.

• Stayed August 2011
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

This hotel was perfect for us! The environmental theme was carried out throughout the hotel and in our room in a very interesting, tasteful manner. We enjoyed the lobby and bar area, the pool, and the hot tub. Our room was very comfortable and clean. We had access to an extremely nice private beach just a few blocks away. We also had dinner at the lakeside restaurant there with a discount for hotel guests. We were just a couple of blocks from the Heavenly gondola, the big casinos, the supermarket, and lots of shopping. We were able to easily walk everywhere, including restaurants, bars, and live music. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, offering tips on local restaurants and entertainment. Hotel guests get discounts at a variety of local restaurants and businesses. There is a nice continental breakfast in the lobby every day. We would love to come back to South Lake Tahoe and we would definitely want to stay at the 968 Park Hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to 968 Park Hotel? Share your experiences!