“Off the beaten path-- breathtaking” 5 of 5 stars

Book Now

Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Tahoe Photographic Tours is the first and most experienced personalized Scenic Guide and Photographic Service in Lake Tahoe. Our tours concentrate on showing you the very best of Tahoe. We take you to not only must-see Tahoe locations, but off the beaten path as well. We know the best spots, and when to be there. Whether you are a skilled photographer seeking out the most Photographic locations, an aspiring photographer, or just starting out; Tahoe Photographic Tours will help optimize your vacation time. Showcasing some of the best locations, you will see beautiful waterfalls, pristine forests, back country lakes, wildlife, high mountain vistas, and of course Lake Tahoe. Stunning photo opportunities abound. Since our tours are semi-private, we believe in letting you experience Tahoe at your pace. We allow plenty of time at each stop for you to relax and immerse yourself in the beautiful landscape around you and capture memorable images if you desire. From your first contact with us, you can expect excellence in service, photographs you will cherish for a lifetime and down-to-earth Tahoe hospitality.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Brooklyn, New York
10 attraction reviews
“Off the beaten path-- breathtaking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

I have been to Lake Tahoe many times but Greg took us off the beaten path.
We were picked up at our hotel on a timely basis and shared the tour with a couple from
Texas. Greg was a font of information and made two women in their 50's feel very
comfortable.
Everyone going out to Lake Tahoe should definately take this tour. The photos that were
taken during our trip will be a great reminder of many a breathtaking view!

Caddo Mills, TX
“A must-do for every photographer visiting Tahoe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

As an amateur photographer, I loved the tips I received on framing shots and the best way to use the settings on my camera. As a nature enthusiast, I appreciated the opportunity to see beautful scenary that I never would have found on my own just driving around. The small group and rides in the luxury SUV from site to site provided a great chance to meet some wonderful people and the shots that were taken of us were terrific. An awesome photo opportunity and a private photo shoot all in one!

Texas
“February 15th - Best Valentines Gift Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

My husband & I have been traveling to Tahoe every year for 6 years - this was by far the best experience! Craig was a fantastic guide, the scenery was beyond beautiful & the memories will last a lifetime. The pictures are just gourgeous. We will definately be back again! Thanks Craig & Keith!

astoltenberg
4 attraction reviews
“Awesome locations, awesome pictures”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

My wife and I took Tahoe Photographic Tours on our first day in Tahoe - September 24, 2009. I highly recommend doing this early so you can get to know Tahoe right away. Craig, our guide, picked us up at our hotel, right on time (9am). We got into his spacious SUV and went to pick up one other couple at a hotel right down the street. Somebody got the dates wrong and the other couple wasn't there…we had our own personal tour…but even with one other couple it still would have been very personalized. We started on our way and our first stop was a quiet beach on Lake Tahoe. It was very beautiful and we got some awesome pictures with the mountain's reflection in the water. The next stop was overlooking Emerald Bay. After that we stopped at 4 other sites which included beautiful rivers, waterfalls, woods, and lakes. All of which had amazing places for pictures. Craig took us back to our hotel around 2pm. It was just the right amount of time. He had water, fruit, and granola bars to keep us from getting hungry.

Craig took us off the beaten path to get some great pictures. He even helped us climb down to get very close to a waterfall. Every time we went off the beaten path Craig showed us how to get to where we wanted to go, telling us which rocks to step on and which to avoid. He helped my wife up and down rocks, he even gave me a hand on some of the tougher ones.

I'm making this sound like the tour is only for those who can handle rough terrain…don't worry if you don't want to or are unable to handle lifting yourself up and down rocks and tree stumps or walking on rocks across a stream. You'll still get some awesome pictures if you want to stay on the road-more-travelled. Just make sure you wear tennis shoes.

As for the pictures…see for yourself. I've attached some to this review. Abosolutely amazing. We will definitely be blowing some up to hang on our walls.

Craig was very knowledgeable about Lake Tahoe. He was good company and had some entertaining stories. He gave us a some good tips on what else to do in Lake Tahoe and some good places to eat.

Overall, I would recommend this tour to anyone who wants to take pictures of one of the most beautiful places in the world. Even if you forget your camera, your guide will take plenty of pictures…most of which will be better than most amateurs can do. One more word of advice…be creative with poses. Your guide will be willing to take as many pictures as you want. Craig also took a lot of candid photos which turned out great. If you see a picture you want your guide to take, just ask.

Have fun!

Burleson, Texas
“Something that we will do every time we go!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

We were back in Tahoe for our 10 yr Ann. We were picked up at the Hotel and taken to the most beautiful places in Tahoe! I have been there many times and have never seen the views that we saw that day. This is an experience that I wish every vacation spot offered. The staff was amazing, the scenery was beautiful and the photos are priceless. Look them up....you won't be disappointed.