“Empty Promises” 1 of 5 stars

00357 24333484
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Island of Malta, Malta
“Empty Promises”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We gave Lord Kitchener's two chances to win us back in December and both went awry. We felt Lord Kitcheners might be able to restore our faith after a doubtful meal earlier in the month, when Dino the chef/owner described the wonderful Xmas Day he had in store for us all. Being promised a slow Xmas Lunch and afternoon packed with surprises, quizzes, games and more that would carry on to early evening, resembling an Italian Christmas as he put it, we were enthusiastic to join in the festivities and felt that although €45 was steep, it could be worthwhile.

Apart from a Xmas Cracker on the table, no glass of bubbly or little 'something' was offered. The entree options were not very enticing and were just carried from his normal menu. Nothing special about the beetroot and feta salad or the fried calamari. We opted for the salmon en croute which came sitting in a sauce with two half button mushrooms. We were not given any vegetables or salad. The chocolate mousse arrived in a grubby bowl with chocolate fingerprints on the inside and it looked as though the dessert had been dropped and scooped off the floor.

Not a game, a quiz, a musician passed through this restaurant whilst we were there and having spoken to several others who stayed later, waiting in eager anticipation, nothing ever did eventuate. Even if the meal had been served properly with accompaniments of vegies or salad and a nicely presented dessert, the feeling of totally been tricked into signing up for this 'Italian Xmas' as he kept calling it, with all the so-called activities, was a blatant lie and that we cannot forgive.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“What a great restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

As soon as I walked in I thought it would be good; the building, décor, and staff set a wonderful atmosphere.

On the menu; all of the starters and mains looked really great, and it took me some time to decide what to order - always a good sign for me. I also rather liked the miniature history lesson included. I have to say it was at this point I thought the price was a misprint for the place I was sat in, and that's before the food even arrived :-)

On the food; wow! Every part of it was really tasty and perfectly cooked. From the calamari starter to the fillet steak main I was impressed. The rest of my table were equally happy with their choices. I did manage to try a forkful from their plates, and from seeing what else was being brought out to other tables I don't think there was anything I wouldn't order. On that note, everyone around us seemed to order the LK for desert, so we did too. Needless to say, I'll be having it again on my next visit.

All in all, a great experience and definitely top rated. Wonderful setting, fantastic food, and a larger than life chef. If you're anywhere on the island, it won't be a wasted visit. Unless you forget to book a table before leaving...

• Visited November 2013
Bedford, UK
“Truly as good as the recommendations - very good by any standards”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

An excellent standard of food in a nice setting with very friendly service. Easy route down from Lefkara and very pleased we made the trip. Superb house wine at a very reasonable price. The whole experience was excellent quality and value. We wish we were staying nearer in our next locations to come every night! Highly recommended. Total cost for 3 courses, 2 people and wine E83 is very good value for such superb cooking.

• Visited October 2013
St osyth
“Wow!!!! The BEST Restaurant ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

As a family of four, we visited Lord kitcheners restaurant on Saturday and what an experience!! The food was absolutely outstanding. Everything was cooked and served to perfection. The atmosphere of the restaurant was friendly and relaxed, with the chef Dean and his lovely wife Piña making it a warm and welcoming experience for my family. This restaurant is most definitely the best ever that we have been to. If anyone is visiting Cyprus then this irestaurant should be number one on your list of places to visit. A fantastic and lovely evening was had by all my family. Thank you so much.

• Visited October 2013
“Unexpected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

On the last day of our holiday I,by chance,looked at the recommended restaurants kindly supplied by the villa owners and saw The Lord Kitcheners,so we went there and boy were we surprised!!! I don't think I have ever had such a delicious meal and such value ,€30 for a three course meal!!and each course was better than the next if that is possible,the house wine was beautiful but the crowning glory was the dessert-- the LK -- mouth watering. Let me add here ,as my family will testify, I am very difficult to please food wise. The whole ambiance was just perfect as were the family who run it. It will be our first port of call when we return to Cyprus.

Visited October 2013