This was the second time my husband and I have stayed here. We loved it just as much as we did the first time. This is one of those rare hotels where reality is even better than the website.
We had a Deluxe Garden Bungalow. Comfortable, clean and so, so attractive. Lovely big balcony with the stunning gardens all around. And the prettiest pool ever.
The Spa has been built since our last visit. Delightful! I had a brilliant massage every other day. I had an Ayerverdic Massage which involved having gallons of warm coconut oil poured over me and smoothed in by two masseuses. Fun to try but I preferred the standard massages – at around 20 Euros a go I felt they were good value and very relaxing
The food is very good - not gourmet but plenty of it and well cooked - large helpings and excellent Indonesian food. My choice was restricted by not being able to eat chilli! I was very happy though as they did very nice pasta, banana smoothies and yummy cakes! The Indonesian buffets on a Sunday night are fantastic. The buffets on other nights were less exciting so we stuck to the main menu.
Our only regret was the lack of fresh fish. There was lots of fresh tuna which we loved - and ate a lot! Oddly the hotel finds it hard to buy much from the fishermen you can see out in the boats offshore every night. Their catches are pre-bought by supermarkets!
When I talked to the manager Bettina, she kindly arranged for the kitchen to buy some fresh snapper specially for us - they cooked it beautifully and we thoroughly enjoyed it!
My husband enjoyed his diving - I was only able to snorkel on one day coz of high wind and seas - but it was well worth it. A lovely selection of fish to watch with some OK coral right in front of the hotel.
This is a quiet resort - there is occasional evening entertainment but no disco or riotous bar scene - thankfully! The barmen make excellent cocktails, the ambiance is lovely.
What more could one want?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alam Anda has been an insider tip for many years and today it almost has a cult status.The hotel consists of nine Seafront-Bungalows, twelve Deluxe-Garden-Bungalows, two Losmen, the double bungalow Ambu Ambu, the two Bahari villas, the villa Lumba Lumba and the villa Purnama.The perfect holiday – the Alam Anda Dive and Spa Resort has the motto:"Our guests are our friends. We wish to indulge them in all aspects: in diving, culturally, culinary and at the Spa - bodily.“Because of this there is, for example, a 30 min. Santai Massage is included. in each 5 day diving package ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Otel so you can book your Alam Anda Ocean Front Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alam Anda Dive And Spa Resort Hotel Sambirenteng
- Alam Anda Sambirenteng
- Alam Anda Ocean Front Resort & Spa Bali/Tejakula