“Peaceful paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali

Save Saved
You added Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali to your Saves list
Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Singaraja-Amlapura No 100 Desa Tembok, Tejakula, Bali, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
Meals + Spa + Transfers
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Tejakula
“Peaceful paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Would definitely recommend this for a honeymoon destination - my husband and I loved our stay here. Did not have the best flights to get to Bali and then combined with a 3 hour drive from the airport to the resort, we were exhausted to say the least. However, as soon as we arrived, we were greeted with a foot bath and neck/shoulder massage which is just what we needed.

We were pleased to hear daily spa treatments were included in our package and they had tailored it so we could experience a variety of treatments. The massages are absolutely amazing, they create such a lovely atmosphere it's easy to nod off. In fact, we ended up getting extra treatments!

The room was spacious, clean and well-kept. We received complimentary bottles of water everyday and our room attendants left us a few sweet surprises sometimes.

The resort is quite small but it gives it a special and exclusive feel. The pool is beautiful. There are canopy beds dotted around for lounging in. There is also easy access to the black sand beach. There is limited wi-fi access in the lobby which is good if need to use but love the lack of wifi - feel like we could really relax and forget about the world, especially on our honeymoon. There is also a tv room and mini library if needed.

We stayed on a full board basis which is the best option as the resort is remote. There is a mini-mart just at the outside entrance of the resort if you're out of options! The food is michelin-style food - my husband certainly enjoyed all the authentic Balinese dishes. I was concerned as I have many food allergies but chef Martin and his team made a fantastic effort to cater to my requirements.

We went on a few trips - although these are quite long in terms of distance as Tembok is away from the touristy part of Bali, they were worth the trips. The staff were excellent at helping us plan these trips. Having celebrated my birthday at the resort, I must stay it was fantastic - with planning from my husband and the staff, it was certainly a birthday to remember with dinner on the beach underneath the stars and a sunset boat ride.

The staff are on another level. They suggest an itinerary and then we can tailor it if needed. I certainly enjoyed the yoga class and meditation walk on the beach. This resort has one of the best levels of service I have encountered in my many travels and I would 100% recommend it to others. Thank you so much for a fantastic honeymoon!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I cannot put into words just how magical Spa Village is. From the moment you arrive you are wowed by the serenity of the resort and the warm welcome from the staff.

The staff go above and beyond to make your stay perfect - I enjoyed chatting to 'Norman' the gardener, the pool boys and the restaurant staff and finding out more about their lives in Bali.

The restaurant is like fine dining every day! I'm a fussy eater and was nervous beforehand that there would not be enough choice for someone 'difficult' like me. However, Chef Martin and his team do a wonderful job, cooking up healthy, tasty meals and ensuring that there is something for everyone on the menu.

The Spa treatments helped to aid relaxation and rejuvenation and it was such a treat to have a daily treatment included in our package.

I chose to have a Reiki session with Sharon during my stay and cannot recommend this enough! Sharon is lovely and her positive energy is infectious - I feel that she has helped to give me a new lease of life - thank you Sharon.

The location of Spa Village is idyllic - far away from the hustle and bustle and well worth the long journey if you seek true escapism. The black sand beach, palm trees and volcanic peaks in the backdrop give it an ethereal quality and to experience this you must do a sunset cruise on a jukong; a traditional Balinese fishing boat, looking back towards the island from the Bali Sea.

It is impossible to criticise Spa Village, however, if I was to suggest one thing that could be improved upon, it would be evening entertainment. Apart from dinner in the evenings, there isn't much else to do and guests return to their rooms early. I think that a bar where guests could mingle in the evenings after dinner, whilst soaking up the tranquil atmosphere, would work really well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We spent 1 week here as the culmination to a 3 week long hectic java/balinese cultural discovery holiday and I cannot say enough good things about this place. I dont think anyone who stays here will be able to adequately put into words the feeling they get from this spa village of complete body and mind relaxation and healing.

The 3 hour drive direct from denpassar airport (depending on traffic) can sound daunting but you know it was worth it from the moment you enter down the bamboo lined driveway and are greeted with a foot bath and shoulder and neck rub.

The reception looks down towards the pool area and restaurant with a large grassy common area in between. There are dozens of frangipani trees lining the paths amidst the ubiquitous coconut palms. The rooms have ground floor or balcony options and all look out to the common area which in itself radiates peacefulness back at you.

The spa has a multitude of activities available throughout every day. Many to do with balinese culture and crafts but also yoga sessions and group activities outside the spa. So you dont need to just sit by the pool and drink their delicious and healthy fruit smoothies all day.

They have some of the best staff we encountered in all of Bali who greeted us by name every day and went out of their way to make our stay feel personal and special.

The executive chef and his team create simply superb set course menus for the three meals each day that blended local flavours with european styles or offered classic Balinese warang street food choices but served to you like you were sitting in a Michelin star worthy restaurant. We never felt the need to want to eat outside the spa during our stay.

And of course I have to mention the point of the resort... the massages/treatments. So many different treatments to choose from, not enough hours in each day to fit them all in. We definately recommend consulting with the knowledgeable staff about what would suit you best during your stay.

This resort is very much a place of relaxation, peacefulness and healing for all who enter. They dont force anything upon you, but they do gently offer options for you throughout your stay that help to teach you how to treat your body and mind a bit better than when you first arrived.

We recommend going with the full board option and staying at least 5 days to be able to absorb everything this place offers. Try out as many of the activities that you can and dont be shy about asking for private tuition if something takes your fancy.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
WSHopley, Manager at Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.

Your kind, positive comments mean so much to us and we're so happy you had a wonderful stay with us. It was a pleasure to share your review with the team here.

We hope to see you and welcome you both back to Spa Village Resort Tembok, Bali!

Wishing you a wonderful day ahead,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

My stay at Spa Village Tembok was wonderful on so many levels. I was travelling solo for that week but haven't had a meal on my own once. You'll find other guests mingle with each other very easily, yet if you are on your honeymoon you'll have total space to enjoy your time together. Best of both worlds. Martin the chef and his team cook up this healthy and very tasty menu every day using only local organic produce of the best quality. I caught myself eating deserts twice daily :) . Spa Village staff are more then a team around you, you feel like you've stepped into a family and you're a very welcome guest. You have the beach (better beach then Seminyak), the pool, the daily spa treatments (all home made organic products!), the daily classes such as jamu making, boreh making, cooking etc you can do as many or little as you like. Yuyun the spa manager tailored my spa treatments so that I could take the most out of it. It's the first time I felt like I didn't want to leave a resort! They also organise trips out for you and I had the chance to see the dolphins in Lovina which was lovely. The daily yoga classes are a great reminder to sit still and Manis' beautiful singing brings you right back to your core. I booked the breakthrough session with Sharron Hopley and it was the best thing I've done. I personally don't think they advertise it enough because of the profound benefits it has. It was a significant turning point, she was spot on with her reading and the reiki session gave me what I needed to move on to the next chapter. I stayed one month in Bali and this week at Spa Village Tembok was by far the best. Whilst ubud is lovely, it's very busy and I found Tembok being less touristic and more agricultural indonesian whilst being on the coast a real blessing. I can highly recommend this place and its lovely spa village family to anyone who is looking for tranquility, fun, good food and maybe themselves :). I am definitely going back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Debora,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was such a joy to meet you and we are so happy that you made the time to nourish your body, mind and soul here at Spa Village Tembok, Bali. Your positive energy remains with us and we look forward to meeting you again in the not too distant future!

Our love,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

From the minute you arrive here, you're made to feel relaxed - with a warm welcome from staff plus a foot bath and neck and shoulder massage. This is just a taster of what's to come. The spa treatments are wonderful, with so much attention to detail. I did the School of Life programme for 3 nights and, alongside yoga, meditation, fresh light foods, massage and body treatments, each evening I came back to a different therapeutic candlelit bath. Each one different, with beautiful flowers and herbs strewn in the water and a therapeutic tea to sip whilst soaking. Whether you come to simply laze by the pool and eat great food, or take part in a mind and body retreat as I did you will feel energised and re-booted by the time you leave.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank you Catherine for taking the time to write a wonderful review.

It was delightful to meet you and happy to hear your experience of our new School of Life Programme went well. Thank you for your visit and your support toward Spa Village Resort Tembok, Bali!

We hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Our Love,
Sharron & Team Tembok
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

The hotel, grounds and staff are wonderful. This resort is nice for those who want spa treatments, yoga and to relax around the pool but not much to offer in the way of anything active. The beach is rocky and shallow but clean in front of the hotel however the surrounding beaches are somewhat trashy and not very appealing. The commercial area around the hotel has little to offer so plan on eating and staying on the grounds.

We found the food to be very good and enjoyed all of our meals. That being said, the menus are limited and there are no simple dishes offered. It would be great if the lunch menu had some ala carte items but the choices were only three course meals (although a few in our group managed to order club sandwiches). Getting a drink outside of meal time is not easy. There is a bar but it is generally not staffed, I had to go into the kitchen to find someone to get a glass of wine and a cocktail to take down to watch the sunset.

The rooms are very well done and comfortable but only a sliding glass door that looks out to the common space (no windows) with a solid interior sliding to provide privacy. Therefore, if you wanted any privacy in your room you had to cut off all outside light, so relaxing in the room was not ideal.

Wi-fi was only available in the reception area and would only accept 4 people at a time so it was cumbersome. Compounding this was that most of the seating in the reception area was set up to give incoming guests foot massages so there was only limited places to sit and wait to get on the internet. The manager did tell us that the wi-fi was being upgraded so hopefully this problem will not continue.

Both my wife and I enjoyed the spa treatments we had and wished that we had done the yoga sessions that were offered. They looked very well run. A nice place, with good service but a little too formal and confining for our tastes.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr Steve,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I'm delighted to hear your stay with us was peaceful. Your feedback is important to us and we will certainly look into the points you raised to ensure we can give the best service possible for our guests.

Pleased to inform that Wi-FI has indeed been upgraded!

Our best wishes,
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed for 2 weeks in July - one of the most wonderful places we have ever been!
Incredibly welcoming, massage and spa service out of this world, and the food!!! Incredible.
It's quite a trip through Bali in the private car (recommend you book through the hotel and not through third party eg Kuoni as they use cheap local transport! The hotel cars were much more comfortable) over the mountains of central Bali - breath taking and worth planning some stops on the way to rest, eat and take photos.
The resort is beautiful, simple rooms with comfortable beds and a choice of 3-5 courses for breakfast, for lunch and for supper. All superb! A mixture of local and international dishes available at each course,always wonderful. Staff always friendly and helpful.
Lots of trips available - diving on Manjengan island was one of the best we've done! A bounty advert type of Island with crystal clear waters and incredible coral. Temples, bike rides to waterfalls, local tourist arts.
Music is played by a local chap - incredibly relaxing light xylophone style - difficult to describe but so relaxing!!! Just the thought of it takes us back.
If you must, wifi is available too - but only in the lobby and not in your room.
If you're thinking of honeymoon destinations this is perfect. A great base for diving too, or simply some wonderful relaxation en route to Indo/Aus etc. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review!

It was a pleasure to have you here and a pleasure to share your comments with the team. We couldn't be here without guests such as your kind self.

Thanks again and we send you smiles from Bali,
Wati Sharron & Team Tembok

Been to Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali? Share your experiences!