We spent 1 week here as the culmination to a 3 week long hectic java/balinese cultural discovery holiday and I cannot say enough good things about this place. I dont think anyone who stays here will be able to adequately put into words the feeling they get from this spa village of complete body and mind relaxation and healing.
The 3 hour drive direct from denpassar airport (depending on traffic) can sound daunting but you know it was worth it from the moment you enter down the bamboo lined driveway and are greeted with a foot bath and shoulder and neck rub.
The reception looks down towards the pool area and restaurant with a large grassy common area in between. There are dozens of frangipani trees lining the paths amidst the ubiquitous coconut palms. The rooms have ground floor or balcony options and all look out to the common area which in itself radiates peacefulness back at you.
The spa has a multitude of activities available throughout every day. Many to do with balinese culture and crafts but also yoga sessions and group activities outside the spa. So you dont need to just sit by the pool and drink their delicious and healthy fruit smoothies all day.
They have some of the best staff we encountered in all of Bali who greeted us by name every day and went out of their way to make our stay feel personal and special.
The executive chef and his team create simply superb set course menus for the three meals each day that blended local flavours with european styles or offered classic Balinese warang street food choices but served to you like you were sitting in a Michelin star worthy restaurant. We never felt the need to want to eat outside the spa during our stay.
And of course I have to mention the point of the resort... the massages/treatments. So many different treatments to choose from, not enough hours in each day to fit them all in. We definately recommend consulting with the knowledgeable staff about what would suit you best during your stay.
This resort is very much a place of relaxation, peacefulness and healing for all who enter. They dont force anything upon you, but they do gently offer options for you throughout your stay that help to teach you how to treat your body and mind a bit better than when you first arrived.
We recommend going with the full board option and staying at least 5 days to be able to absorb everything this place offers. Try out as many of the activities that you can and dont be shy about asking for private tuition if something takes your fancy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We welcome you to Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali to experience some of the delightful discoveries of Balinese life. To guide you towards the positive effects of an ancient lifestyle and to help you restore or re-discover your sense of "self" we provide four paths; Balance, Creativity, Vigor and the Spa Village Academy. Immersed in Balinese culture, each path is designed to offer you an authentic Balinese experience. We invite you to join us on a journey into these rich and colorful traditions. Here you will learn how to apply some of the aspects of the local culture into your own life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali Hotel Tembok
- Hotel Village Tembok Bali
- Resort Village Tembok Bali
- Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali Tejakula