“delicious dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“delicious dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The food is always very good.. Delicious. Service is excellent and i would recommend this restaurant to anyone. The menu is very extensive and it is always difficult choosing from it.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

95% Recommend
Bushey, Herts
“Great as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Went to St James's on Saturday 19 January 2013 for my husband's birthday. We have been on many occassions and this restaurant never fails to impress.
Another lovely evening with great food! well Alfonso and Alfie! great as always!

London, United Kingdom
“Another good review!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and I don't live in the area but visited with friends. We were rather surprised to enter this elegant resaturant, set in a rather nondescript parade of shops. With the modern design, you get high quality white tablecloths and napkins with, again, high quality modern cutlery, crockery and glasses.
Excellent bread, both wholemeal and white was provided. Whilst our friends chose what appeared to be excellent dishes from the a la carte, my wife and I chose from the fixed price lunch menu. From the choice of four staters and four mains, I started with Lamb Hot Pot with Celeriac and Port Puree and my wife had Grilled Halloumi, Red Peppers and Pita Bread. For our main course, we both had Hake with Petit Ratatouille etc.
I finished with a Treacle Tart and Milk Ice Cream. All were good and beautifully presented. (See photos.)
So, perhaps not the greatest cooking but how often do you get that? I think you will be happy here and I am pleased to add to the other good reviews.
The fixed price lunch is £15.95 for two courses and £20.95 for three. Main courses range from £17.95 to £22.95..
Our only criticism was that there was only a Portugese red available by the glass. No doubt the white is the same. My service stars apply to our lunch when the restaurant was not busy.
There is a free public car park very close by, which is a bonus.

Watford, United Kingdom
“My favourite restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I have been to st. James at least 15 times now and each time I go the service and food is excellent. We go at least 4 times during the year and each time we go back we are always greeted personally and welcomed back again. The food is always excellent and a different variety on each visit. All of the fish dishes are to die for. Everything is well priced and you never feel like you have broken the bank to go there.

Would recommend to everyone to give it a go, trust me you will go back time and time again!!

London
“Family celebration at St James”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We took my son, his girlfriend and the family to St James' to celebrate his 18th birthday. It was the first time I had been. We thought it was really good. High quality, fresh ingredients, well cooked and presented. Very good service and a nice atmosphere. Oh and god value too. For us it's the best place to eat around Watford.

Alex and John, Watford