“Very friendly, clean and helpful.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Airport 85 Motel

You added BEST WESTERN Airport 85 Motel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Airport 85 Motel
4.0 of 5 Motel   |   40 Lamington Ave | Brisbane, Ascot, Queensland 4007, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ascot
Ontario
“Very friendly, clean and helpful.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This was a great stop over. Nice and clean and comortable bed. The lower level is a little noisy as you can hear people upstairs. We didn't get to the pool but the grounds seems nicely kept. Basic breakfast, so-so.

Room Tip: The lower floor was a little noisy with people walking in the hallway upstairs.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Alstonville, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Good motel, friendly staff, breakfast included but missed as had to leave early, close to car storage, airport and cruise terminal. Rooms are small and limited parking, stairs around side for second floor.

Room Tip: Parking closer for ground floor units

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I have stayed in this Motel more than once. The staff are friendly and the motel is immaculate. We always feel like we are at home in this motel. The location is great and easy to get to from the airport. The free wifi and breakfast are an absolute bonus.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Stornoway, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here after lateish arrival into the airport. Beware reception closes at 20.00 but the person I spoke to was very helpful in arranging access to keys later. Bonus was it was opposite the train station for access into the city. Don't bother with complimentary breakfast it's not worth getting up early for.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dublin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I booked this Motel as it was close to the airport, car hire return depot, has free wifi and free car parking. It met all of these expectations. I had a friendly welcome and an average room which would suit our needs for the night.

I have to base my rating on the following incident.

When I pulled back the sheets on my bed to get in I noticed a brown stain on the sheets. I touched the area and found it was damp. I leaned over to smell it only to find that it was damp urine.

I contacted the motel phone number and the operator contacted the manager and arranged another room, a much nicer room and we moved. I got no apology until the next morning as I returned the key.

The female manager was very apologetic and sincere. However, the male manager tried to convince us that the dampness was from a towel a previous guest left on the bed. I have raised children and know the smell of damp urine! I didn't appreciate being told that I was lucky that they had another room for me. what was my alternative? I didn't feel lucky at all and I didn't think his apology was sincere.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
David S, Owner at BEST WESTERN Airport 85 Motel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
My Sincere apologies for what has happened . My Managers raised there concerns regarding this after it had happened and were also like myself in disbelief overwhelmed how this could of happened. And I can assure you they were extremely sincere . This is unacceptable and I was very distressed when I was advised. We carry out inspections daily of our staff cleaning practices and do understand your feedback and comments. The staff member cleaner that was responsible for cleaning this room was severally reprimanded and is no longer with our company. I would like the opportunity to give you the service and hospitality we are known for. So please contact the Motel and we will take care of your next stay . I thank you for raising your concerns and do wish you give us the opportunity to take care of you on your next visit.

Travelers are raving about these Ascot hotels

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is average economy hotel
It's close to airport , metro station across the street
Close city center also the rooms bit smaller but clean I did not eat breakfast
Small quite hotel in the neighborhood

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Bendigo, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I were looking for a place to stay on the last night of our holiday. We wanted something close to the airport as we had an early flight. We were exhausted when we pulled in at 1PM. I asked if there was any way we could check into a room early. They were very accommodating. We needed to print out our boarding pass for the airport. They suggested that I email them to their desk and they would print them for us.
The room was very clean and comfy. I am extremely grateful for the help they gave us.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Airport 85 Motel? Share your experiences!