“Don't bother with this restaurant” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Brisbane, Australia
“Don't bother with this restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Was there for lunch on Sunday. Firstly it was such a hot day and the water bottles, originally cold, were left sitting on a table and water was hot. I ordered a beer which was only just cold. For lunch I ordered this beef and mushroom pie with peas and mashed potato on the side. The peas were so awful I had to complain at which point I was given another serving of mashed potato which was edible only just. My food kept repeating on me for the rest of the day and night. Produce needs to be fresh when you are cooking it especially when you are cooking it for the public in a restaurant. I would never go back to this place !

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Brisbane, Australia
“Over priced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We had a pizza and a rather expensive tasting plate that was small and the food wasn't pleasant although the chicken was cooked well. Lamb and yogurt pizza had minced lamb and could not taste any yogurt just an over load of cheese. The service wasn't great and our booking didn't seem to have been written down despite making contact twice. Won't be going back or recommending to anyone.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Nice pizza but could be better on service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

After a harrowing day we couldn't wait to sit down for a red wine and pizza for our last night on holidays in Brisbane at what my family says is a Racecourse Road favourite. We ordered Hawaiian pizza for the kids, and the prawn and a simple veggie pizza for the adults. If you go with kids beware the low back cane chairs. While we were waiting for our order my 4 year-old fell backwards out of his chair onto the concrete below and while luckily he wasn't hurt, a nearby couple was shocked and the staff didn't even notice - so we helped ourselves to a high chair and coloring in which kept the kids quiet. The kids got a decent serving with half a pizza each and nice salad. Our pizzas were good though one was burnt underneath and the side salad a little mean given it was the same as the kids'. Dessert a chocolate take on Eton Mess with salted caramel was delicious. Service was courteous but very, very inattentive - when a family member arrived later she had to beg for a drink. All in all pleasant but could have been so much more...

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We chose to eat here on our one night in Brisbane before flying home. It looked inviting from the outside, almost Parisian so we went in. After finding our way to the counter we were told to sit where we chose and they would come to us. We sat down and waited for a little while and then we were given the menus. Our drinks order was taken fairly quickly. The beer arrived reasonably soon after but no sign of my water. A while later our order was taken and then my water arrived. My husbands starter was salt and pepper squid. It took a while to arrive.
He ordered another beer but it didn't arrive. We waited about 30 more minutes before our meals arrived. We had to chase up the beer again.
My pasta dish was OK. My husband had a chicken dish which arrived on a plate with a large chip out of the side, not a good look. He was not impressed with the chicken dish either. Perhaps by this time we were both a bit fed up with the wait times.
The waitress seemed friendly enough but the waiter wasn't particularly good.
We really tried to like this place and don't often post bad reviews but this was very disappointing.
As a matter of interest my husband noticed the same bottle of wine we had chosen the night before at a different restaurant and there had been $34 but here it was $41.

I don't know if they were short staffed or just slow service but it was very annoying. We would not eat there again.
The live jazz music was quite good.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Fantastic Food, Fantastic Service, Relaxed Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have visited The Lido Cafe a few times in the past couple of years and our recent visit was also a pleasure!
We love the wood-fired pizzas, and the coffee is smooth and well rounded in flavour. The atmosphere is laid back and although we went mid-week, the cafe was bustling and there was live music! All in all a great experience.

They also have a new Loyalty Card, they call Lyoness Cashback Card. We actually we received a few dollars back... a first for me. Sounds like a great loyalty card.

• Visited October 2013