“Fantastic for business or pleasure” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Old Coach House Ripon

You added The Old Coach House Ripon to your Saves list
The Old Coach House Ripon
5.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   2 Stable Cottages | Ripon, North Stainley, Ripon HG4 3HT, England   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
“Fantastic for business or pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stayed here for four nights on a business trip in February, following a recommendation from a colleague. The room was great, the service friendly and efficient and the breakfast was terrific. Everything exceeded my expectations, and made a potentially boring business trip something a bit special!

I can also recommend the pub immediately across the road for its great Black Sheep Ale and fantastic food.

I'll be back...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We chose The Old Coach House for a much needed rest from the stresses of everyday life. We were thrilled to see what a beautiful place it was and even more thrilled with our gorgeous room.
Everything was wonderful. The service was impeccable & we were made to feel like old friends.
Cleanliness, quality, friendly service & beautiful surroundings made this break just so perfect. We will definitely return.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

My boss and I recently spent the evening at the Old Coach House and which was just fantastic, from the booking through to the intial welcome and wonderful breakfast, we couldn't have been more comfortable. We will be back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Westhoughton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

To call The Old Coach House just another B&B would be like calling the Mona Lisa just another painting! The quality of the service, furniture and fittings and most if all the best breakfast you will ever eat mean that you will not find better accommodation anywhere in the Dales. The rooms are exceptionally spacious and you are welcomed with a huge bowl if fresh fruit. The bathroom is well stocked with wonderful toiletries and the softest towels you could wish for. The bedding is sumptuous and the bed itself is huge. The courtyard is perfectly maintained. Anyone travelling from abroad should definitely use this property as a base when exploring the North of England. Can't wait for our next visit !

Room Tip: We always prefer the upstairs rooms but all the rooms are perfect.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I stayed here for a business trip. I honestly was a little apprehensive on arrival because I had not seen any interior photos. Within driving up to the House I was amazed, it was beautiful. I stayed in a beautiful room with a soft comfy bed. Lots of tea / coffee ect and even home made biscuits (great too) the bathroom was lovely, nice toiletries also. The room was lovely and warm too. bed linen fresh and clean, the whole room was spotless. I had breakfast extra early as I had to go to work early so they came in early for me, nothing was to much trouble. I must say the breakfast was great. not the usual warmed up buffet. All cooked fresh what ever you wanted. lots of different breads, cereal, fruit and yogurts. The only problem was I had to go home. Defiantly coming again, planning my next trip in a couple of weeks.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

From the moment we booked nothing was to much trouble, it was my birthday and my partner arranged cake and champagne to be put in the room. The room was large very clean and all the little extras like flowers, home baked biscuits, real coffee. fresh fruit were lovely. The breakfast was excellently presented and cooked. Amy was there to meet us and made our stay very good nothing was to much trouble. Thanks for a brilliant stay

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Doncaster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

What a beautiful, stunning hotel with possibly the friendliest staff I have ever met.
Our room definitely lives up to the 5 star tag with the biggest, comfiest bed iv ever slept in. Beautiful little touches like Temple Spa toiletries, homemade biscuits, fresh fruit & flowers in our room. Stunning location, set in the grounds of Stainley Hall, next to a lake.
Just a shame we could only stay for the 1 night but we will definitely be back & will be recommending this beautiful hotel to anyone who will listen.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Old Coach House Ripon? Share your experiences!