“Nome away from home” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Genova, Italia
“Nome away from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

I was looking for a restaurant where to organize a dinner with 30 of our local distributor's customers. When my contact proposed Nerina, I was a bit disappointed, because I did not know the place, and I remembered a very well arranged meeting the time before.
My doubts started to disappear when I saw the Slow Food familiar icon at the entrance. They then slowly transformed into enthusiasm when food started coming: mixed local cold cuts were the starters ( slow food presidium Mortandela, lardo, and famous Speck).
We went on with Orzetto, and then main course was Stinco (Eisbein) slowly cooked (8hours!!) to reproduce the old ways.
Wines are excellent locals, even outside the mainstream (Pinot Nero and Rebo the best).
Last but not least, Sandro, Nerina's son, keeps a warm and friendly atmosphere, with his enormous knowledge of food, wine and people.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere