“Best value for the money” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #51 of 157 Restaurants in Spokane Valley
Cuisines: American
St. Maries
“Best value for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Timber Creek Buffet has excellent food and a nice varied selection. They give senior citizens a discount, and a punch card which, when filled up, buys a free meal. At around $15.00 for two people, it's a really great value. My husband and I eat there often.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Oregon
“Abundant Low-Quality Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

June 29, 2013 we had ourselves a little road trip...an over-nighter to meet friends and have fun. We left our home at the butt-crack of dawn and hit the open road.

We stopped for breakfast around 9 in Spokane, Washington and happened across the Timber Creek Grill Buffet. Looks pretty spiffy on the outside, and it seems to be on the newish side. Apparently, it's a chain.

There were not very many people there, but we quickly noticed that in this area, it's a hot spot for Senior Citizens to have breakfast. In our 50's, we were very nearly the youngest people there. Not that it matters. Just noticing.

I was starving.

In a nutshell, I didn't enjoy it very much. Most things were really quite greasy. Floppy bacon (SUPER salty) and very overdone eggs...bouncy. You know how there is just a difference in ingredient quality but you can't always put your finger right on it? Cheap, cost-saving ingredients. I certainly got enough to eat...there is not a shortage of food there....it just wasn't GOOD food in my opinion. The best thing I ate, oddly, was a piece of fried chicken breast (for breakfast?).

On the plus side, the place was clean, the food warmers full, our server, while not exactly friendly (maybe shy?) was efficient and attentive. We didn't go hungry. It was reasonably quiet. The price was reasonable (a lot of poor quality food for a reasonable price). I don't remember exactly, but we paid around $11 each maybe? You could pay nearly that much at most other regular restaurant chains.

Didn't love it, probably will skip trying it again unless we know and are visiting someone who loves it.

Oddly...between the other diners and the food quality, I kept getting the feeling I was eating in a nursing home.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Great Selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is a great place to stop if you want an array of foods to choose from. The fellow servint the meat is a tad stingy but you can always ask for more. The selection of meats was impressive. I would have like to see more vegetables. The salad bar was good and the dessert choices excellent. We took family and were able to eat well with a 2 year old in tow.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chehalis
“Great cinnamon rolls--everything else o.k.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Friendly staff, large selection of food to choose from. My husband and I both thought the cinnamon rolls were excellent. The roast beef the day we were there was extremely rare and so stringy that it was impossible to cut. The cooked to order steak was good. The fried chicken was kind of dry and not very appealing. I didn't find any desserts that I liked the taste of (even the ice cream didn't taste good)! The waitress said that the soft serve "ice cream" is non-dairy. I'm not sure WHAT is in it! I wanted to rate this place 2 stars, my husband thought it should get 4 stars--so I averaged that and rated it 3 stars.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Spokane
“Average +”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

More of a convenience than anything else for us. The food is always hot and plenty to chose from. The only issue is the menu doesn't change much, if you plan to go back you will probably have the same choices with the exception of just a couple. This place has one of the best salad bars in town, and well stocked.
Overall the restaurant is clean and the service is above average. I would recommend it for large groups and office functions. One more big thing to point out, the place is always clean.

Visited May 2013