“A much needed stay at a sad time....” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book Direct - Save 10%
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Albany OR
“A much needed stay at a sad time....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Needing to travel to Spokane from our home in Oregon for a funeral we were looking for a nice hotel close to the church and family home. Staff was very kind on the phone for making our reservations and when we arrived, check in was quick and efficient. I asked for a top floor if one was available and he said yes, one was, but ended up we were on third floor when there was actually 2 more floors above. Not sure if it was a misunderstanding but since the people above us were quiet, it did not become an issue.
The view out of the room to the river was wonderful, the room large and had everything we needed. We appreciated the real water glasses, the coffee cups/pot, the flat screen tv, fridge, micro, all the extra touches. This includes the in-shower large bottles of conditioner/shampoo/shower gel. I thought the quality as well as smell was great!
Each evening they offer a reception at their onsite restaurant with a free drink and also a free breakfast in the morning. We took advantage of both but also ordered dinner both nights and we were very happy with the food. Nothing was overcooked, dry, bland or anything but excellent. If they don't have what you are looking for though, the mall is across the street with a Black Angus, Red Robin, I-Hop, China restaurant, Outback Steakhouse and more. Anything you could want.

I only had two things I could think of to complain about or at least mention. The first night I dropped my ring on the floor and when lifting the bed ruffle to find it, found a bloody bandage next to the bed. I cant' say enough how gross that was and was not about to touch it, ewwwww.

The other thing was, because we were there for a funeral, memorial service and family dinner, we were in and out but needed/wanted quiet when we were there which is why we asked for a top floor. The first night was great but the second night a family with at least 3 kids, but I think four, were put in the room next to ours. I was surprised that since we were there under a "bereavement stay" and a family of 3 adults, that perhaps they would of thought not to put a large family next to us. I can't begin to say how loud they were in the evening, when my husband and daughter were both trying to sleep at 7pm as they were exhausted from the day. I am talking screaming, running in halls, banging walls, drawers in their room, etc. Now, I do not think that parents who cannot control their children and just let them run wild is the hotels fault. How are they to know if the kids have manners or not. But again, I just hoped that they would have thought a family with kids might be a little noisier and not put them next to us when we were there for a funeral.
It was still a great stay, somewhere I would choose again. Lovely facility, nice help, restaurant, onsite mini-grocery, breakfast, great pool and hot tub (daughter loved it).
Thank you for a nice stay.

Room Tip: If you ask for a top floor, make sure it really is the TOP floor. Also, ask for a river view room, q...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Leavenworth, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Wanted to go chrismas shopping in the Spokane valley mall and cabelas at the state line.
The room was very nice for the money, especiall since we had a king suite facing the Spokane river. The staff was very nice , and the room was very clean. Very spacious as well. Location is convienent, with access to the mall for shopping or eating, as well as easy access to the freeway. Great breakfast in the morning, before heading back home to Leavenworth. We had a great stay, and will definitely be back again. Thanks to the Oxford suites staff. Rod Darlington.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bonners Ferry, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel twice and both times I have been impressed with how quiet it has been in comparison to other local hotels. My only complaints about the facility are 1. the bottle neck coming into and out of the lobby (I was almost run down by an older lady with a luggage cart because there is simply no room to manuever),2. the breakfast food left a lot to be desired and the juice was awful, and 3. there was no fan in our bathroom. With that being said however, the decor is very nice and the rates reasonable. Pool and jaccuzi are not impressive by any means, but good for kids. Beds are great and I love the pillows. The views out the back are also quite nice when you think about the fact you are right in front of a major mall and stores with a lot of traffic. The hotel is centrally located to access all kinds of shopping and most chain restaurants, which is very convenient if you are staying during the holiday season, which is when and why we have stayed at Oxford Suites.

Room Tip: The hotel offers drink vouchers, but keep in mind they are for beer, wine or soda. If you want a mi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Spokane Valley, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are committed to providing each of our guests a superior stay, and would ask any of our guests to please let us know ASAP if a problem arises. We will review the settings on the juice dispenser, to ensure that it is functioning properly, and we will share the rest of your review with our team. Thanks for choosing Oxford Suites and we look forward to serving your lodging needs again!
North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This was the finest hotel we stayed at on our Christmas trip (Dec 26). It was easy to get to and the staff was extremely helpful. They were able to answer all my questions and they currently have a special going on! (Dec2012/Jan 2013) which made this nights stay very reasonable! Our room was on the 3rd floor at the end. We had a lovely view of the river and walking path, which you can access from the hotel.
Here's the things that really stand out in my mind: Friendly staff, beautiful lobby, evening social and cooked (not heat up style) breakfast with fresh fruit and TAZO teas and excellent coffee, the room was designed with effeciency in mind. The towels were fancy folded and even the shower curtain was fancy folded! The shampoo/conditioner/shower gel were 'refillable' which duh, worked years ago and is finally back in style, saving the thousands and thousands of little bottles from the trash. Bedding and mattress was so comfortable and soft.
The pool was the warmest of the entire trip (Springhills suites-see other review was the coldest.) and big enough to swim in, not just bounce around in. They had a wall shower right by the pool too. The hot tub wasn't overly hot like a lot are (Courtyard-Spokane was) and the dry sauna and steam room (a first for us!) was just incredible. The entire pool area is tiled in slate and looks so beautiful. Notice how I use beautiful more than once in this review!
I would definitely say, check this place out first, call them and see if they have any specials. This is the BEST stay for your buck! There isn't a single thing I can fault this place on. Even the corners of the room were clean, not dusty AND they have a recycle bin next to the trash-seriously how cool is that! Caring and clean! win win situation here folks. Shopping is just across the street too!

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in this place but we had an upper level room.
Washington State
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I averaged out my 4 star and 2 star opinions.

the positives: family suite (2 king beds) is very comfortable for 3 adults (an upgrade at a discount because the hotel was empty). Beds comfortable. Plenty of shampoo/conditioners/bath gel in larger dispensers (I appreciate thinking "green"). Real coffee cups in the room. Hotel was clean, nicely appointed. Two elevators is a plus in a 5-floor hotel. Noon check out nice.

Disappontment #1: I specifically asked about the Manager's reception for Christmas day when I booked the room. I was told that yes there would be one even though it was a holiday. It was one of the reasons I chose this hotel, feeling I was getting something for the more expensive room (versus surrounding hotels).

When we checked in Christmas afternoon, we were told there was no reception. The front desk said "I don't know who would have told you that." 1) I didn't make it up*, and 2) really fine customer service would have offered us beverages and some sort of snack. I understand it was a day off for most of the staff, but wouldn't a social gathering be nice for the single, lonely traveler, perhaps away from their family on Christmas? Just a thought. Plus the only restautant open near the hotel was a Chinese buffet. A Sheri's several miles away was open, and a few fast-food places. I guess I expected more after reading other guest reviews. (*Hint: at least blame the guy who was just fired rather than making it sound like it was my fault.)

Disappointment #2: My daughter and I had breakfast at 6:15 am and everything was fresh. However, when my husband came down at 8:30, everything was dried out. Suggestion to the buffet staff, when your hotel is almost empty make smaller batches so it's fresh.

I doubt I will stay here again because of the price, but if you are traveling on a NON-holiday I would recommend it if you want to be close to the Spokane Valley Mall area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Spokane Valley, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate being made aware of what you liked, and what needed improvement. Please accept our sincerest apology for mistakenly communicating to you that the evening reception would be served on Christmas, and for our response to your inquiry at check in. We can, and will, do better. If you do consider another stay with us, be sure to visit our website at oxfordsuitesspokanevalley.com and click on the "leisure travel" button for a comprehensive list of our specials. You may find one that is perfect for you! Thanks again for choosing Oxford Suites!
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed here during the Christmas shopping season and this hotel is perfectly situated near many shopping areas. The mall is literally across the street and many of the big box stores are within 5 minutes. We loved the hotel and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was super clean with lots of space and quiet. Choose the river side for a quieter option. The price was very affordable and we would stay here in a heartbeat again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the river side are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lincoln Park, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

An overall positive experience was enhanced by some great customer service. I realized when I retunred home from my trip the day after checking out that I had left some clothes in the closet of my room. I phoned the front desk and spoke to Donna and explained the situation. No less than 5 miutes later, I received a call back telling me that my clothes would be mailed back to me. I was preprared to pay for it but that never came up. I will definitely stay here the next time I am in the Spokane area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Oxford Suites Spokane Valley? Share your experiences!