Needing to travel to Spokane from our home in Oregon for a funeral we were looking for a nice hotel close to the church and family home. Staff was very kind on the phone for making our reservations and when we arrived, check in was quick and efficient. I asked for a top floor if one was available and he said yes, one was, but ended up we were on third floor when there was actually 2 more floors above. Not sure if it was a misunderstanding but since the people above us were quiet, it did not become an issue.
The view out of the room to the river was wonderful, the room large and had everything we needed. We appreciated the real water glasses, the coffee cups/pot, the flat screen tv, fridge, micro, all the extra touches. This includes the in-shower large bottles of conditioner/shampoo/shower gel. I thought the quality as well as smell was great!
Each evening they offer a reception at their onsite restaurant with a free drink and also a free breakfast in the morning. We took advantage of both but also ordered dinner both nights and we were very happy with the food. Nothing was overcooked, dry, bland or anything but excellent. If they don't have what you are looking for though, the mall is across the street with a Black Angus, Red Robin, I-Hop, China restaurant, Outback Steakhouse and more. Anything you could want.
I only had two things I could think of to complain about or at least mention. The first night I dropped my ring on the floor and when lifting the bed ruffle to find it, found a bloody bandage next to the bed. I cant' say enough how gross that was and was not about to touch it, ewwwww.
The other thing was, because we were there for a funeral, memorial service and family dinner, we were in and out but needed/wanted quiet when we were there which is why we asked for a top floor. The first night was great but the second night a family with at least 3 kids, but I think four, were put in the room next to ours. I was surprised that since we were there under a "bereavement stay" and a family of 3 adults, that perhaps they would of thought not to put a large family next to us. I can't begin to say how loud they were in the evening, when my husband and daughter were both trying to sleep at 7pm as they were exhausted from the day. I am talking screaming, running in halls, banging walls, drawers in their room, etc. Now, I do not think that parents who cannot control their children and just let them run wild is the hotels fault. How are they to know if the kids have manners or not. But again, I just hoped that they would have thought a family with kids might be a little noisier and not put them next to us when we were there for a funeral.
It was still a great stay, somewhere I would choose again. Lovely facility, nice help, restaurant, onsite mini-grocery, breakfast, great pool and hot tub (daughter loved it).
Thank you for a nice stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exceptional has never been so affordable! Located on the banks of the beautiful Spokane River, the Oxford Suites Spokane Valley is situated no more than a few steps from the Centennial Trail, Spokane Valley Mall, great restaurants and just a short drive from the Mirabeau Point Park, regional wineries and the Plantes Ferry Soccer Fields. Complimentary amenities include Full Hot Breakfast Buffet, Evening Reception, High Speed Wi-Fi, Parking, Indoor Pool, Spa, Sauna, Steam Room & Fitness Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Oxford Suites Spokane Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oxford Suites Spokane Valley Hotel Spokane Valley
- Oxford Hotel Spokane Valley