“A little bit out of Town by worth it.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“A little bit out of Town by worth it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Classic RI property - a ways from downtown but worth it. Marriott options are limited in Spokane and the extra space, free parking and breakfast offered here are worth the 10-15 minute drive from downtown. Recent renovations make this a comfortable property.

Room Tip: Although the fwy noise is not excessive (dual pain glass).... you may want to ask for a room on the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel on January 19 for two nights. We stayed in a one bedroom suite. It was me, my husband and our two boys age 7 and 4. I made the reservation through Expedia and it was in order when we arrived. The hotel was easy to find, just off the interstate and close to restaurants and shopping.

We've stayed at several Residence Inns and have an expectation from the brand. The best one we've stayed in was in Helena, MT. I did a review of that one last year. But overall this brand always delivers. This stay, while not bad, it didn't stand out as other stays have.

The room was ok. Standard for the brand. Small though. Smaller than others we've stayed in. Oversized furniture in the living area made it crowded when you folded out the sleeper sofa. The sofa sleeper is the worst I've ever seen. Thin and very uncomfortable for our kids who usually don't care where they sleep. But they found the bed uncomfortable. The bedroom was small. Not a lot of room around the bed to walk. Windows did not open. Bed was very soft. Pillows were not good at all. Flimsy, mushy, small... Bathroom was clean but after 5 or so minutes of having the fan on, it started making a really loud humming noise. There was a flat screen TV in the living area and in the bedroom. The TV in the living room didn't have sound on all the channels. There were Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioners in the bathroom. There were four of us on the reservation and we had three towels and when we arrived there was not a square of toilet paper in the entire room.

The public areas...the pool was nice enough although I do think a little more could be done to cater to kids. The bigger issue was the breakfast area. If you've ever stayed at a Residence Inn, you know breakfast is included and on weekends, it's full. The breakfast area of this Residence Inn had two tables for 4 and two tables for 2 and 2 high top tables for 2 and a high bar with 6 barstools. It's really not enough seating for a full hotel. Meanwhile, the business center area just next to the breakfast area has tons of space but no tables for eating so not useful for breakfast.

Breakfast was pretty standard both mornings we were there however not warm enough. On the first day I had cold potatoes. On the second day I had cold eggs. I ended up making a waffle both days because it was hot. Coffee was good and the flavored creamers were nice. Coffee is kept in the lobby all day and night.

The hotel has free internet and you can get the paper. Desk staff was some of the nicest I've ever seen. Very friendly. All the staff we saw was very friendly. Room and building were clean and tidy. We just wanted a little better overall experience. We'd certainly stay there again if ever in Spokane again but the experience wasn't as good as other Residence Inns.

Room rate was $103 a night. We were in room 205.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, ask for something close to the elevators.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
St. George, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Bed are like hard cardboard. Pillows are from 2 inches to 4 inches and loosely packed with Heaven knows what.

Room service... As this is a Residence Inn and the message on the bed states that the "bedding will be changed every four days". Well OK; however when that did NOT happen it required THREE requests at the front desk to get it done. Each time I was assured the bedding WAS changed and each time I knew that it was NOT.

This is not my first stay in a hotel and I have learned over many thousands of nights in hotels that you simply mark the sheets so you can tell for certain that they have or have not been changed. A simple but positive proof that you are being lied to.

While management (front desk) was very gracious that fact remains that I had to go through what I did to get them to accomplish the bedding change. A seemingly simple request.

LAST time I will stay at this Marriott.

FWIW I have noticed that beds and pillows in Marriotts are on the decline nation wide. Maybe it's just the economy at work? Give me a good bed and good pillows and I can forgive at lot!

When we arrived the sink would not drain and there were shampoo bottles behind the bathroom door. They have been there everyday since! They did repair the sink on request; however it seems to me that housekeeping certainly knew of that problem and should have reported it. But then you already know about housekeeping at this Marriott.

I am a Marriott Platinum member and have stayed at this hotel before with somewhat better results.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and had good WiFi. Avoid this hotel unless there is nothing else availab...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Marlboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Everything was great. But cleaning lady didn't wipe down the bathroom sink area which is kind of the main area to clean in my opinion. But the staff was very helpful and gave us extra towels and the breakfast buffet standard fare.

• Stayed December 2012
Fort McMurray, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed here on a road trip through Oregon and were pleasantly surprised by the size and quality of the room as compared to a regular Marriott room in a different location. The price was cheaper than a regular room and we had a kitchenette and a (almost) separate bedroom.
the bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet.
we were very happy with the value and will stay here again next time through.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are nice and you can't go wrong with any choice,.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed here twice in September. On both occasions, we were happy with the accommodations. However, we did notice that when we paid for the room versus using a certificate we had earned, the quality of the room was better. Residence Inn folks: if you are listening, please pay attention to the fact that your customers are noticing that (it's not the first time we have experienced a lower quality room when using a certificate).

Beyond that, we enjoyed the light meal that was provided on our first stay (minestrone soup and salad) and we were particularly pleased that this hotel is situated on the Spokane 37 mile bike/walking path. This was, in fact, a major consideration in choosing to stay at this hotel. Early morning or late afternoon walks (or biking --- it looks like the hotel has bikes for rent, though we did not check) leaving directly from behind the hotel meant that we could get good exercise without going to the boring exercise room!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Pasco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We made an online reservation and had been planning to stay here in mid-September. I had made a couple special requests, including early check-in and extra towels. We arrived around 1 pm. The front desk person was talking with another traveler who was unhappy about something. When shefinally acknowledged me and I said I had a reservation, she immediately said "Check-in isn't until 3 o'clock." I said I knew that but had requested early check-in if possible. She said "Check-in isn't until 3 o'clock." I then asked about possible transportation options to a nearby event that we were planning to go to, figuring maybe the hotel shuttle could take us or at least tell us where to get local transportation. She said "no shuttle there" and said we might be able to catch a bus but that would depend on the bus schedules and where they pick up/drop off. I waited for additional information. Nothing. This was a major local weekend event going on; one would think they'd be prepared to help customers with information about it and how to get there. I asked about where to catch the bus. She said "That would depend on their schedules. I don't know anything about that." I just wasn't impressed at all and felt if this was what happened at the front desk, I didn't want to even take a chance on the room, supplies, etc. I think it was the continual repeating of "Check-in isn't until 3 o'clock" that really soured me. I didn't cancel at that point, but left, drove a few blocks down the street, went into the Oxford Suites and found a 360 degree difference in customer service there. We ended up getting a king suite for over $20 less at Oxford, and had really good customer service all through our time there. (Thank goodness Residence Inn allowed for cancelleation up to 4 pm on the day of arrival.)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Spokane East Valley? Share your experiences!