“A/C was a little weak” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley

You added Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12803 E. Sprague Ave., Spokane Valley, WA 99216 (Formerly Crossland Spokane)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Seattle, Washington
“A/C was a little weak”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

i stayed here on 7-2-13 it was 100% outside that day - i requested a room with a good A/C unit as it was hot as he11 that day - the room i got had an open door when i got to the 2nd fl - i dont mean unlocked - i mean standing open ??? that had me wondering ?? and it was at least 97% in the room - i wasnt happy about that - and the A/C was weak at best when I turned it on - i called down to the desk and complained that this room was not going to be acceptable - now mine you when i checked in i asked if there are any rooms on the ground floor and was told No!- when i complained - i was giving a room on the ground floor with A/C that seemed to have been running for awhile ?? anyway the room was ok and everything worked - except for the small pieces of old food stuck to the plates in the cupboards- once i noticed that i used the paper plates and plastic forks i brought with me - the price is low - you get what you pay for i guess .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Puyallup, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I rented 3 rooms at this hotel, rooms were clean, staff helpful to a point. Value for charges decent. Room has small kitchenette with dishes and pots and pans, housekeeping only weekly not daily. have to go to main office to exchange towels. Now the issues, Room #1 asked for ground floor, handicap for mom 78, put in room not listed as handicapped, shower did not have non slip strips (safety hazard) , mom called and they came the following day and put some in still not safe for mom had to use towel so she would not fall. Shower curtains typical cloth ones so floor gets wet (safety hazard). Will continue with next issues on another review

Room Tip: No pool, AC worked well. rooms in back quieter, no traffic noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My work recently transferred to Spokane so I require an extended stay while I work and look for our permanent home for my family in our new location. Allie Raye and the staff here have been very helpful in arranging my lodging this month which has taken the frustration out of finding temporary lodging each week as I travel back and forth between Spokane Valley and Seattle.

The cleaning staff has also been very professional and helpful in making my stay comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Spokane Valley, Washington, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had been looking for a hotel specifically that could grant me a late check out (my boyfriend works graveyards and needed to be able to sleep during the day), I contacted this facility 3 different times prior to even booking my reservations and all 3 times was advised that a 1pm check out would be no problem. Upon check-in, the young lady who checked me in (not wearing a name tag) said that if Linda (the first person I called and spoke to) authorized a late check out it would be fine since she is the general mangaer. I told her that I had also spoken to a gal named Kim who said she would notate my reservation of the late check out and I was told there was no note. (aggrivation #1). I was told that once my boyfriend came to meet me they would need us to come in to the office and provide them with his vehicle info, so when he did arrive we did just that. Walking into the office the girl behind the counter had a sour puss on her face. I told her we just needed to leave my boyfriends vehicle info and when I noticed her name tag said 'Kim' I said to her "We spoke on the phone the other day ..." and Kim proceeded to cut me off and say "I know! and I never told you that you could have a late check out!!" She had extreme attitude and at that point I was pissed and said I wanted to speak to Linda the GM who originally authorized my late check out. She told me that I couldn't reach her until 7am. My boyfriend proceeded to pull me out of the office and cause me to calm myself. We proceeded to go up to our room (which we had requested a smoking room and were told that none were available) and get situated. I had gone grocery shopping and had planned to make us dinner. As I was unloading the food items we had, I noticed the refridgerator was not even cold. I cranked it up to MAX and prayed my food wouldn't spoil. In the mean time, my boyfriend turned on the air conditioner since it was muggy and warm outside. We left to go run a few errands and were gone well over an hour to return to a warm room. The a/c didn't blow cool air at all. I went to start cooking dinner (since the kitchenette was the #2 reason I chose this hotel) and quickly learned that only one of the stove top burners worked. This made it challanging to cook and keep everything warm and done at the same time. After dinner I went to lay down and my boyfriend went to take a shower and the way the shower is set up combined with the extremely intense amount of water pressure the water flows right out the shower on to the floor. This entire experience was truly just horrible. I wouldn't reccommend this hotel to my worst enemy!

Room Tip: Do not go to this hotel!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Knew before I stayed what to expect. Was shocked to see a small fridge with nothing to keep frozen food or ice. Room door was gaping at bottom leaving plenty of space for bugs & whatnot to crawl in. The topper was bed of my 24' truck broken into on last morning of my stay. The management was very friendly & cleaning staff did a decent job. Still as saying goes, you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig.

• Stayed March 2013
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Spokane - Valley. Given our company's commitment to guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay with us wasn't 100%. Please understand how truly sorry I am. Thank you for bringing these items to our attention so we can correct them. We certainly hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a clean and comfortable stay, the next time you are in our area.
Missoula, Montana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I am not exaggerating when I saw this was absolutely the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The main problems were manager knew of problems and knowingly put us in that room. When checking out her comment was, "Oh, ya I knew those beds needed to be replaced." Well then why did you put a family of 5 in there! I have slept more comfortable camping, sleeping on dirt! The place was mostly dirty. There was a hair in the "clean" folded dishtowel on the counter. The comforter also had lots of hairs woven into the fabric. The sink did not drain well. ALL NIGHT LONG there was a very loud humming from the refrigerator. I had three exhausted kids who were asleep when I noticed it (TV was drowning it out I guess) otherwise I would have asked for a different room or maintenance to look at it. The most annoying part was the next morning, I was taking a long shower (because the beds were so hard, I was trying to relax). Apparently, a hotel employee knocked on our door and asked if we had leaked water on the floor. No, the floor was dry. Apparently my shower was causing water to leak on the room below us! Best part was when my husband asked if we needed to not shower then. Since there were 4 more of us that needed to shower that day. The hotel employees reply was, "No, if its a problem they will complain again." As I was showering off I notice a bug on the curtain! I told the manager at checkout and her reply was, "Oh it was probably a rolly polly bug." I told her no it wasn't and I had a photo....her jaw dropped. Seriously! I was so furious. There were a bunch of other bad things about the place that I don't want to waste my time mentioning. Needless to say I requested a refund. I had to call Priceline and go through that whole hassle to get a refund. We checked out as early as we could because we didn't want to be there any longer than we had to. Steer clear of room 222 (right above the office).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Spokane - Valley. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay with us wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. The experiences you described are truly regrettable. Our hotel is passionate about maintaining a comfortable "home away from home" environment. We have determined that it was in fact a guest who knocked on your door about the shower. The matter of lack of cleanliness does disturb me. We have taken your comments and learned from them to train our staff better. I am proud of the staff and do receive compliments frequently on their hard work. But your comments remind us that despite all of the regular praise, we still have room to improve.
Trail, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Crossland in Spokane Valley is a great place to stay when visiting the United States, the rooms are clean and affordable. Crosslands is also close to most of the stores/business that are a must when we travel to the US. We also love the fact that there are a couple of pubs/bars within walking distance when you want to go out for a bite to eat and a drink after a long day of shopping.

Room Tip: if there are two of you go with the queen sized bed
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your kind words about your recent visit to Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane Valley. Guest satisfaction is our #1 priority. It is an honor to know that you enjoyed your visit to the US and our hotel because of the service, cleanliness, location and great economic value. We hope you will come back to visit us again soon.

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley? Share your experiences!