“Worth consideration...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley

Save Saved
You added Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12803 E. Sprague Ave., Spokane Valley, WA 99216 (Formerly Crossland Spokane)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 11 hotels in Spokane Valley
Lethbridge, Canada
“Worth consideration...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We just drove the motorcycle from Victoria B.C. and need a place to sleep for the night. Not picky travellers, but here's my opinion:

Pros:
Inexpensive, roughly $63 CDN including taxes/night
Good location, not far from interstate, lots of restaurants nearby
Front desk staff was most helpful and accomodating.
Room was clean, we used the plates/forks/knives available in kitchenette
Bed was okay, was a large twin
Shower/bathroom were fine

Cons:
Can't really compain much for $63/night.
Bed was a bit too firm for us, but that 's personal preference

Overall, our one night stay here was decent, allowed us to get some sleep and completed our motorcycle journey of 600+ km the next day. Would stay here again when passing through.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a nice review about our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive recognition from our valued guests, like you. As you know, our rooms are designed with you in mind. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Thank you once again. Your support and kind words are appreciated. Feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels. We look forward to seeing you back again

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed at this location for over 3 months for job related travel. My stay here was excellent. Rooms clean, convenient location. Very friendly and helpfull staff. Well worth the price. I would stay here again if I am ever in this area again. Also internet service was Excellent. On site laundry facility,Microwave, fridge and rangetop in each room. Super nice neighbors on grounds. I have nothing negative to say about my stay here. It was actually much better than I anticipated being a stranger to this area. I loved here. I'm gonna miss the place.

Kimmie

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a nice review of our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive recognition from our valued guests, like you. The staff and I are extremely pleased that we not only met your expectations, but exceeded them as well.

It would be our pleasure for you to stay with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Booked a non-smoking room two months in advance. Arrived to find out they gave us a smoking room. We tried to find a room elsewhere but every hotel was full....parents dropping kids at college. Crossland discounted our room and said they checked it and it didn't smell bad. The person who checked it must have been a smoker because it was terrible!
The carpets were disgusting, the bathroom sink was falling off the wall, the towels were like sandpaper, etc. I kept trying to find something good, or even tolerable..... My daughters were hesitant to even sit on the bedspread.
Will never stay there again.....and most likely won't stay at any Crosslands.

• Stayed August 2012

The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. The room you were assigned was the only option available. Our occupancy level was higher than expected and especially our requests for nonsmoking rooms.

In regards to the carpet, we are always shampooing when needed and are in the middle of a major carpet cleaning blitz. But, again, higher occupancy has delayed some of our processes in accessing all rooms immediately.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. I do hope that you will let us demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Great physical location for long-term stay; coffee shops, restaurants and grocery stores in walking distance.
But this Motel is a Smokers paradise and a non-smokers hell. Smoking on balcony's prevalent and tolerated by management by inaction even when requested.
Management says $100 fine for smoking in non-permitted locations but appears never enforced. Smokers are located right next door to non-smokers and within 25 feet of non-smokers windows.
Management says south-west wing of building is for smokers but appears smoking is allowed everywhere.
I'd suggest requesting a nightly room refund when smoking bothers you - management can then fine smoker the $100 to recoup your room cost.
Appears a good many on section 8 or welfare rent at this location.
Don't park your car close to building as cigarette butts, and spit may appear on your car.
Building maintenance lax; vinyl siding falling off in many places, bathroom fans and ventilation poor, sink drains make burping noise, smells from other units leak into your unit, dirty outside walkways and common areas.
Appears some pimp, prostitute and drug activity here.
Abandoned cars in parking lot.
If you need to sleep during the daytime don't get a room facing South or East as a constant stream of vehicles for the DMV building park in the Motels SE Lot - so lots of noise and horn beep-beeps as cars are remotely locked and unlocked, doors slamming etc.
Other than that - a pleasant Motel.

Room Tip: As for a refund if you are not happy!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Spokane - Valley. Our hotel prides itself on maintaining a smoke free environment where designated and we care about the comfort of our nonsmoking guests. When we receive a report of an infraction of our smoking policy, we immediately investigate the matter. Since we are an exterior corridor property, smoke can filter into rooms from the outside of the building from various locations. It can be difficult to pinpoint the source. As this hotel’s Regional Director of Operations I can assure you that I have brought each of these issues to the attention of hotel management and staff. We know that we didn’t get to be a member of America’s number one family of extended stay hotels over night; we did it by focusing on one customer at a time. We know that a totally satisfied customer is one who will come back and stay with us again. That is why we take your review so seriously. Thanks again for bringing the issue to our attention.
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

A little off from the main I-90 highway but this Crossland location is great if you are just passing through Spokane or in town for Hoopfest/volleyball/etc. The mini kitchen is equipped with all the basics if you want more than a continental breakfast. With Fred Meyer/Walmart closeby, it's easy to grab some groceries. The in-room TV is rather small and the hotel does not have ice machines. But other than that good value of the money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write nice things about your experience at Crossland Spokane - Valley. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.
Missoula, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

I arrived after a long flight to find two police vehicles in lot. Got checked in and was told it was "safe", All nite a very loud Water heater or some machine kept cycling on the other side of the wall by the head of my bed. Told them about it as I was exhausted at check out - was told - maybe it was the frig. Sure... avoid this one!

Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Puyallup, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed here because it was inexpensive in the area I wanted to stay. I had not stayed at a Crossland Hotel before so really wasn't sure what to expect. I had some issues with the internet service that involved me having to work with tech support. I was not impressed with the tech support as it took them about 25 minutes to figure out the issue was on their side after having me make changes to my computer that were unnecessary. They normally charge for internet service but because of the issues they did not charge me for it. The beds were a little hard and the pillows were not very big. The towels were small and rough. The plus was it had a small kitchen area. Didn't use it except for the microwave but if I had stayed for more than one night would have been useful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley? Share your experiences!