“Honored travel coupon even though all "rooms" were gone” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Renton, Washington
“Honored travel coupon even though all "rooms" were gone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I picked up a travel coupon magazin at a rest stop and we thumbed through it and found spotted the Holiday Inn Express with a pool, weight room and wifi the price was $69 the thought was yeah right but checked it out. I asked if the coupon was good and she said that all those rooms were gone but after looking my daughter and I over and noticing how tired we looked she said I'll honor the coupon yeah no more driving. Was told that they had a appetizer in the "breakfast area" after we settled in to our room we came back down and ate nachos, at 7 they served milk and cookies. The room was clean and nice, the pool and hot tub were also good. We were on the 3rd floor and did have a stomper above us but what can you do they paid for there room as well so we dealt with it. In the morning they had a decent hot breakfast would have been nice to have "real waffles" instead of "eggo" type plenty of coffee and juices

Room Tip: Stop at the rest stops and get the coupon book save yourself money in Washington, Id, Mt, Nd,Sd,Wi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review. The team here works hard to make sure our guests are taken care of. Our hotel credo is "Arrive as Guests, Leave as family" and when we get our tired weary "family members" in, we want to make sure they are rested. I am glad to see you were able to enjoy all the hotel has to offer, and we look forward to your next visit with your new Spokane family!

Thank you again and safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I highly recommend this hotel and just stayed there again. It's clean, comfortable, the staff are friendly and helpful, breakfast and dinner are decent quality of food. The beds are comfortable although I always bring my own pillow when I'm driving and have room for it. It's right off the freeway and easy to get to. I've stayed at this hotel many times and always been very satisfied. They even offer a complimentary glass of wine or beer to guests at dinner time. I'll definitely stay there when I'm in the Spokane area next time.
Sonja

Room Tip: They have a really nice large suite with a fabulous big tub. I didn't request this room on this...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words and continued business. We certainly do all that we can to make sure the guests enjoy their time with us each visit they have, whether it is a one time stop or many visits. Our mission is to Impress Guests and it looks like we have do just that with you.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit with us!

Safe travels
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Even though we stayed here on a busy Saturday night when the hotel was fully booked with lots of families, the property was quiet at night (one of our most valued qualities). The fairly standard room was clean. The breakfast was ample, including a nice selection of hot items. The service was excellent. It is clear that te staff places a high value on quality.

• Stayed August 2012
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your visit with us. Our mission is to Impress Guests, and that starts with the staff. They do take pride in their work and I am glad to see that it shows. I will certainly pass the kudos on to the staff. Thank you again and we look forward to you staying with us on your next trip to Spokane!

Happy Travels
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Pro:Everything but I'll highlight that the room was clean and spacious. Easy check in.
Con: The cinnamon rolls advertised on TV are gone by 9:00 AM If you dont get up early the breakfast choices get narrowed down. Upstairs neighbors were noisy until midnight but that was just my own experience and does not affect the hotel's review. I was promised a AAA discount but it didn't appear on my bill until I had to go ask for it again at check out. Hotel is located on a nice block but the surrounding neighborhood did not look very "enchanting"

• Stayed August 2012
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that your Pros are everything, especially the cleanliness. Our team works very hard to make sure that our rooms are ready for each guest that comes in. I am sorry to see that the cinnamon rolls were not out when you came down for breakfast, and I will most certainly address it with the breakfast bar team so that it is not a concern in the future. I will also address the front desk team about verifying the rates at check in.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Spokane!
Burgettstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Staff was great. Young and full of energy.
Room was great. We got a suite.
Only place I ever went that they brough me milk and cookies to my room. I only joked about it but was surprized when they were brought to my room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the great review! Our staff is always ready to those little extras. Listening to our guests (even if you are just joking) and they want to come through for you. Our mission is to Impress Guests, and it sounds like the team did just that with you.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We have been staying here since we first stayed here during Spokane's ice storm many years ago. At first, I would take our young children here as a treat during the winter so they could enjoy the indoor pool for a day. Now, many years later, we came back to Spokane from Arizona to visit and were pleasantly surprised by the updates - gorgeous lobby and entrance. The parking lot was being refinished during our stay - looked perfect. The staff is friendly and cheerful without fail. Our cleaning lady, Jesse, left us notes thanking us for our stay and kept our room spotless. Our kids loved the free cookies nightly. The beds were so comfy and the rooms quiet and dark - made for some great nights of sleep.

Wish they would let you know ahead of time when they are going to have free dinner food available. I remember them doing this in previous years but this time we just stumbled upon it - right after we had eaten elsewhere. I wasn't told about the free beer either but heard it being offered to another guest. And trust me - I wouldn't forget about being offered free beer! :-)

My kids were sad to hear about the passing of Kip (the mascot dog) - we always looked forward to seeing him.

We had the family parlour suite which is great with families that don't all go to bed at the same time. We stayed for five nights and had three different families stay in the room above us. Two of them let their children run back and forth across the room all night and it was so bad we could barely watch tv. A call to the front desk did stop the worst offender for a half an hour or so but if it's something that's going to bother you like it did us - the floors are pretty thin so I would recommend a top floor. We ended up finding out the room number and calling the room ourselves - which did solve the problem but that's not a lot of fun to be doing on vacation.

The breakfast food was plentiful and good. My kids love the pancake machine but alas, it was only working one morning during our stay. I don't know what a previous reviewer was talking about saying the food was never replenished, etc. There is always someone refilling food constantly and there was no danger of anything needing replacing during our stay. And we were eating breakfast at varying ours during our stay - always fresh and plentiful. Tables were cleaned immediately when someone left so that another guest could then take the table. Seemed pretty efficient to me.

Again, with all the choices in hotels we will always stay here when we travel to Spokane. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: If noise upstairs will keep you awake - do not book a lower room floor - you can hear every footstep...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
cohenj, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you so much for the awesome review! It's great to see that our guests come back time and again. I am sorry that it wasn't as relaxing as it could have been due to the guests above. We do try all we can to ensure peace and quiet, but that does not always happen.

It is sad about the passing of Kip, but he had an amazing life here, and we will eventually give another dog a great home! We are certainly a pet friendly hotel and we are excited to get to see everyone's dogs when they come to visit.

I am also happy to see that you enjoyed the remodeling of the lobby/front desk/breakfast bar area! We like to keep it fresh and up to date. We will be working this fall and winter to update the corridors and rooms, to finish our remodel project! Stay tuned for the end result.

Thank you again and we look forward to your visit again soon!
Morehead, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

After a long day of road trip travel from the last point of Grants Pass,
Oregon we arrived late in the afternoon at Spokane, Washington.
Having stayed at Holiday Inn Express hotels in the past it was
an easy choice that did not dissapoint us. The hotel was close
to the interstate and recommended a nice BBQ/Steakhouse
closeby for dinner. The room was clean and comfortable with
good beds. The free continental breakfast was good and
saved us about $20 which helped on the price of the room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
cohenj, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We certainly appreciate any feedback we receive from our guests. Our mission is "Impress Guests" and it sounds like we did that with you. I hope you had a great trip and if you are ever back in the Pacific Northwest, please stop by and visit!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley? Share your experiences!