We stayed in the "Sidney" (Nolan) pavilion complete with an original Sidney. Also a pre-Columbian grinding stone securely contained in a glass exhibition case - in the middle of the kitchen - natch! A beautiful home on the edge of the Derwent. Mornings we woke up to brilliant sunshine and a river of smooth glass, the birds were great entertainment. By evening we watched the river go through many faces with wind-whipped sunsets. Everything is hi-tech and first class. Kitchen is fully functional. Wine fridge contained all the Morrilla wines - red and white. Bathroom and Aesop products were lovely. My only criticisms are: that I was charged for a meagre packet of truffles from the mini-bar which we certainly hadn't touched - a previous guest perhaps which was overlooked in the last count; and the pool had a "chemical" problem and we couldn't use it during our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MONA Pavilions. The eight MONA pavilions overlook the Derwent River and feature artwork from the MONA collection. Four are named for architects who have influenced Australia's architectural landscape: Roy (Grounds), Robin (Boyd), Esmond (Dorney) and Walter (Burley Griffin). The original four pavilions: Arthur (Boyd), Brett (Whiteley), Charles (Blackman) and Sidney (Nolan), have been completely refurbished. All have access to the heated infinity lap pool, sauna and gymnasium. Mona - the gallery and all site facilities are closed on Tuesdays. The Pavilions are open with breakfast still served and in room food and beverage option available for house guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Odigeo, Otel, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Mona Pavilions reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mona Pavilions Hotel Berriedale
- Mona Pavilions Tasmania, Australia