I recently stayed at Teluna's as a quick beach getaway while I was traveling to Singapore, to visit my son who lives there (before all heading off to Japan) . We were myself, my son who lives in Singapore, and my younger son, on the trip. I have to say it was one of the highlights of our entire 3 week trip! We stayed 2 nights there, but I wish it could have been longer. The resort is so beautiful, in a simple laid back sort of way. I loved the more casual atmosphere than you would get at a more ritzy "high end" resort. It was perfect for our desire for a quiet relaxing beach getaway. The room was simple and beautiful, with a lovely little balcony where we could sit and enjoy the gorgeous view with fresh coffee brought to our room each morning, or to enjoy the sunset after dinner. The beach was lovely, quiet and relaxing. We were usually the only ones there. The water was warm and soothing. In addition to swimming and relaxing with a book on the beach, we also enjoyed playing badmitton in the sand, tether ball, and ping pong, and taking a kayak out on the water. At low tide it was fun to take a walk and watch all the little soldier crabs scuttling around on the beach. Meals in the common area, buffet style, felt more like a family party than a dining hall experience. The food was well presented, simple, yet delicious. We enjoyed lingering after dinner with a game of scrabble or cards (provided), before heading back to our room. One night the staff made a bonfire on the beach, where we enjoyed watching the little ones, who were staying at the resort, roasting marshmallows and playing about, and also chatting with some of the other guests and getting to know them. The staff (and owner) were very warm and friendly, and really felt more like friends than workers (especially Yani!). The whole atmosphere was so warm, friendly and inviting, plus relaxing and beautiful, I will always fondly remember our first trip to Indonesia at the beautiful Telunas resort. I hope to get back there some day for a longer stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 1.5 Hrs from Batam (3+ from Singapore) but a world away, Telunas Resorts has two distinct properties to serve guests seeking rest, relaxation, and fun. Telunas Beach Resort provides "rustic elegance" (i.E., Cozy bed-and-breakfast) while Telunas Private Island provides "simple luxury" (i.E., Comfortable private resort). Built entirely above the water, enjoy Telunas' stunning sea and jungle views and let sea breezes and lapping water ease you to sleep. Facilities: Private Island - 15 sea villas, grand lodge (dining, lounge, etc.); Beach Resort - 10 private chalets, 4 deluxe rooms, 1 multi-family suite, 5 dorms, meeting room, lounge, dining room, private beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Telunas Resorts - Telunas Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Telunas Beach Hotel Sugi Island
- Telunas Beach Hotel Batam
- Telunas Beach Batam
- Telunas Resorts - Telunas Beach Resort Indonesia/Sugi Island, Riau Islands