My biggest wish right now is that I was still at Telunas laying on the beach watching the kids play and enjoying the hospitality and food that Telunas provides. We went for a 3 night stay with some friends who live in Singapore and I was impressed from the moment Eian (?) met us at the ferry. The boat ride to the island was 1.5 hours of beautiful views and our arrival was greeted by a welcome party of towels and drinks. What a first impression. Whilst everyone on trip advisor was right that it is not 5 star, it is very clean, comfortable and safe. I have a very serious medical condition that lowers my immunity and I found the food and facilities where no problem for me. (I had packed alternative food for myself but needed none of it). We happily were one of only a few groups and this added to the tranquility, yet at dinner time we all got along famously. The resort catered so well for our groups childdren (10, 10,8) that they were happy all day long jumping off the pier, ropes course, swimming, canoeing and playing with the staff. The ten foot jump was a big big hit!
The staff are amazing and have the right mix of being available for your every need but leaving you to rest as well. We mainly had Dion as our staff member and I wanted to take him home with me! At the bonfire night we had a very funny night teaching him Australian slang and comparing notes with the Americans at the resort. The next night he hung out with us all playing board games (by invitation) and learning new dance moves. He is so clever and funny! On our last morning my daughter was very sad to leave and he made the effort to entertain the kids so we could enjoy a rest before we left. Elsa was also with us on the first night and it is obvious she enjoys her job and the guests. Lovely.
All in all it was a perfect trip and again I wish I was still there. Big kudos to all the staff (the cooks, the local helpers (Harry was so smiley)) for enhancing this little bit of heaven.
PS The cinnmon scrolls were amazing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 1.5 Hrs from Batam (3+ from Singapore) but a world away, Telunas Resorts has two distinct properties to serve guests seeking rest, relaxation, and fun. Telunas Beach Resort provides "rustic elegance" (i.E., Cozy bed-and-breakfast) while Telunas Private Island provides "simple luxury" (i.E., Comfortable private resort). Built entirely above the water, enjoy Telunas' stunning sea and jungle views and let sea breezes and lapping water ease you to sleep. Facilities: Private Island - 15 sea villas, grand lodge (dining, lounge, etc.); Beach Resort - 10 private chalets, 4 deluxe rooms, 1 multi-family suite, 5 dorms, meeting room, lounge, dining room, private beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Telunas Resorts - Telunas Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Telunas Beach Hotel Sugi Island
- Telunas Beach Hotel Batam
- Telunas Beach Batam
- Telunas Resorts - Telunas Beach Resort Indonesia/Sugi Island, Riau Islands