We enjoyed a beautiful 1 1/2 hour boat ride to Telunas; passing by many islands, villages and wooden fishing boats. Upon our arrival we were greeted with delicious icy orange drinks followed by a wonderful lunch. Ian was our guide and she did a great job! Our first day was spent just swimming and enjoying the beach. The following day we went to the island of Jang and visited a school and ate lunch with a local family. The visit to the island continues to make one appreciative of all we have been blessed with in the U.S. The poverty is just unimaginable. When we returned we did the jungle trek to the waterfall. It was around 10.2 kilometers (roundtrip) and hot but still an experience you don't want to miss. We actually saw monkeys swinging from the trees! The food was excellent and plenty of it! The banana crepes are the best I have ever had. Sleeping over the water, windows open, balcony door open and listening to the geekos was totally awesome. The staff was the best....very friendly and welcoming. As an American traveling in this part of the world, it was an adventure like no other and I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I'd love to return and being my grandchildren!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 1.5 Hrs from Batam (3+ from Singapore) but a world away, Telunas Resorts has two distinct properties to serve guests seeking rest, relaxation, and fun. Telunas Beach Resort provides "rustic elegance" (i.E., Cozy bed-and-breakfast) while Telunas Private Island provides "simple luxury" (i.E., Comfortable private resort). Built entirely above the water, enjoy Telunas' stunning sea and jungle views and let sea breezes and lapping water ease you to sleep. Facilities: Private Island - 15 sea villas, grand lodge (dining, lounge, etc.); Beach Resort - 10 private chalets, 4 deluxe rooms, 1 multi-family suite, 5 dorms, meeting room, lounge, dining room, private beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Telunas Resorts - Telunas Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Telunas Beach Hotel Sugi Island
- Telunas Beach Hotel Batam
- Telunas Beach Batam
- Telunas Resorts - Telunas Beach Resort Indonesia/Sugi Island, Riau Islands