“A Regular Customer so Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 10 restaurants in Kilcullen
Cuisines: Italian
Wicklow, Ireland
“A Regular Customer so Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were, I state were a regular of this resturant since it has opened. Celebrating many a happy occasion.
We were so disappointed with the service and standard of the food on Saturday the 6th of September. Firstly, there was no beer other than Italian been on draft which we were not advised that the price was over €4.00 for a half pint.
The resturant was busy, our order was taken promptly and starter delivered without delay. The same cannot be said for other patrons - the couple beside us waited neraly 30 minutes for their order to be taken.
There was a 40 min wait for our main course. The server arrived with our steaks - he didn't seem to realise that they were cooked to different specifications so had to go back to the kitchen and enquire off the chef. The steak was still put down in the wrong order. My husband now famished - tucked in with gusto not ralising he had my steak (well done) and I had the medium one. On realising the error we swapped over. The food was only lukewarm as the plates were cold. This was not a cheap meal - 2 starters, 2 mains, 1 glass wine, 2 half beers = €80.00.
I left the returant feeling disappointed, hungry (I only had half a steak), and that I would have been better off staying at home and being €80.00 better off and cooking myself

• Visited October 2012