Golo Hilltop was a great stay. We we're originally going to stay at the Bayview Gardens but they were fully booked.
They arranged pickup from the airport for 30,000RP for us too.
Our room was their cheapest at 250,000RP and was on the same level as reception/dining room. It is quite steep compared to the rest of Indonesia but has a fantastic view over the bay and you get a lot for your money. Our room was perfect except the fan is on the wrong wall and doesn't swing round to the bed which really effected our sleep quality. The cold water shower isn't cold cold. The room was exceptionally clean.
The room rate included all taxes and a free breakfast and Golo has free Wi-Fi and an amazing swimming pool. You could laze around it all day no problem.
The staff were great and the food good.
My biggest gripe I suppose is the location. 10 minutes down a dodgy hill road to the edge of town and a further 10 - 15 minutes to get to the restaurants/bars. You could Bemo it after the ropey hill road though. If you are going to come back after dark, take a torch. It is pitch black in places.
Paradise Bar is 5 minutes away has live music every night and a fantastic buffet every Wednesday, with a discount if you stay at Golo.
A very good place to stay, there are many hotels and guesthouses in town if you don't like the sound of this.
I'd go back though (and may try an aircon room)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golo Hilltop Hotel & Restaurant Flores, is a modest hotel, located in Labuan Bajo, a city at the tip of Flores Island in Indonesia. Labuan Bajo is a base to explore the surrounding islands for the world class diving, wildlife viewing and for some of the least crowded beaches and tiny islands and of course the infamous Komodo and Rinca.Golo Hilltop is a small Boutique Style hotel run by two Dutch women and presents a pleasant family atmosphere. It is situated on top of a hill about 1 km from the city centre, this makes it a quiet and relaxing place but everything is still on walk-able distance. This hotel is a haven for nature lover and adventurous and is away from the town area. The bungalows are spacey, bright and clean. Each bungalow has its own balcony providing nice views of the ocean and a daily sunset. It provides comfortable stay with a variety of guest’s rooms - deluxe, superior and standard rooms. With all these services, this hotel provides a perfect camp to 'explore' Labuan Bajo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Golo Hilltop Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golo Hilltop Hotel And Restaurant
- Golo Hilltop Hotel & Restaurant Labuan Bajo, Flores, Indonesia