“Awesome few days with Komodo Dive” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Komodo Dive Center

Komodo Dive Center
Jalan Soekarno Hatta, 86554 | opposite of "Surya Jaya" Supermarket, Labuan Bajo, Flores, Indonesia
+62 812-3630-3644
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 31 Activities in Labuan Bajo
Type: Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Komodo Dive Center, is a located in the heart of Labuanbajo, Flores. We offer first class dive trips and customized dive packages for all experience and certification levels. A set of brand new dive equipment is included in our day trip rate and we use a very comfortable wooden cruise boat for a max. Of 14 divers! Our dive staff will be happy to arrange the perfect dive trip: - The wooden boat cruise for the relaxed diver. - The speedboat trip for those who got no time to waste. - The liveaboard option for multiple diving days! . We also offer wide angle/macro photography workshops and camera rental! Frog fish, pygmy squid and sea horses are just some examples of creatures you can find only minutes away from Labuanbajo.
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
4 attraction reviews
“Awesome few days with Komodo Dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I had a really good few days diving with these people! Very nice employers, knowledgable dive masters, good and fast boat, nice food on the boat, really nice to hang out with them after the dives: going for dinner and drinks, and (most of all): you visit among the best dive spots in the world! Batu Balong and Manta Point were mad! So much marine life, big marine animals, beautiful corals, strong currents (but still doable for fairly inexperienced divers, as myself), really amazing. Someday I'll be back guys, thanks for the experience!

“Perfect experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We moved to KDC after having an average experience with another "famous" DC in Labuan Bajo. Day trip dives only.
We enjoyed:
The equipment, recent and in a good shape
The dive master and the crew in general, only locals, very competent, helpful and friendly
The boat, well equipped and very comfortable (clean toilets, over excellent complete lunch...and not a snack with cookies!, which is essential when you face sportive dives in the current)
The price, extremely competitive regarding all they provide.

So all in all, big thanks to Komodo Dive Center, we're hurry to come back and dive with you!

“Professional dive experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Hadn't planned to go diving but so glad I did, I loved it and thankfully I found the best team in the area who quite seriously changed my life plan.because after a few great dives with their professional team I now want to focus on getting as advanced as is possible in diving so thanks guys loved every minute and big thanks the the famous Indonesian WIlly and Ever impressive Jules both extremely knowledgeable and informative big thumbs up

Visited April 2014
Winnipeg, Canada
“Ain't no party like a Komodo Dive party!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

I was in Labuan Bajo for two days in March. I was and still am fairly new at this whole diving thing (I had only 6 dives under my belt), and I knew the dives around Komodo were supposed to be more difficult, but I decided to ask around anyway. When I dropped in at Komodo dive centre, I was warned that the next days dives were more difficult and that I would only be able to do 2 out of the 3 dives. I still really wanted to go so I signed up right then and there. I was extremely happy that I did because I had the best experience with the Komodo Dive team ever! I was so nervous because I didn't really have any experience with diving with currents, but the dive masters (Willy and especially Patrice) made me feel so comfortable! They are incredibly knowledgeable and encouraging without being pushy. With their help and encouragement (and some luck with the currents) I ended up changing my dives and doing Castle Rock (the difficult dive that I wasn't supposed to do in the first place) and it was utterly amazing! I can't recommend Komodo Dive Centre enough. All in all, I had an amazing day with some amazing people and saw some amazing things (a manta ray and a pigmy seahorse in one dive - I'm told that's a very big deal and much more exciting than seeing a blue spotted stingray, which was also cool {blue spotted stingrays have feelings too, moritz}). I will definitely be diving with them again the next time I'm in Indonesia and you should too! :)

Visited March 2014
Moritz D, General Manager at Komodo Dive Center, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Hello Nola,

thank you so much for this nice review. When Willy and Patrice come back from the trip today i will let them read it. i am sure they will be happy.
Willy shifted the dives so you could dive Castle into slack tide. The only time where it is suitable for divers with your experience. Also you completed a check-dive first, therefore my guides were sure that the currents were fine for you. Obviously it payed off ;)

Mantas and pygmy in one dive i pretty rare but i will truly apologize for insulting blue-spotted-stingrays haha!
Hope to see you on our boat again.

Kind regards,
Whakatane, New Zealand
“Exciting and Wicked Diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

If you are thinking about diving Komodo National park think no further and go contact Komodo Dive Centre. You will have heaps of fun, learn a lot along the way and definitely be able to better your diving skills with the various dive sites. I did 12 dives with them and got to do drift dives where I saw a lot of Manta Rays. We dives various pinnacles where we saw a lot sharks, turtles, schools of barracuda and giant trivally all play and hunt in the strong currents.Willy, Rany and Patrice where our dive guides that not only showed us the dives sites but taught us how to dive them efficiently using the various currents. Which results in a challenging dive become a very fun experience. You dive in small groups and and see plenty. Then after a full day of diving you get to sit outside the dive shop with a cold Bintang with your dive buddies looking through the books and discussing all the things you saw.

Visited March 2014
Moritz D, General Manager at Komodo Dive Center, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Hi there,

thank you so much for this nice review.
Nice to read that Thibo and you had a great time here with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Always nice to have such easy going guests like you were.
I guess you also had a great time surfing in Sumatra?:)

I will tell my boat crew and the guides that you appreciated their service. Rany usually translates our TripAdvisor reviews for the local boat crew so in the end of each month they can get some nice feedback on their job.
Rany was not guiding you by the way haha. The guides were Henki, Willy, Patrice and Pak Saiman. She was only with us during the muck-dive as she has amazing "spotter" abilities.

Thank you again for everything and for being our guest for such a long time.

Kind regards,