“Ain't no party like a Komodo Dive party!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Komodo Dive Center

Komodo Dive Center
Jalan Soekarno Hatta, 86554 | opposite of "Surya Jaya" Supermarket, Labuan Bajo, Flores, Indonesia
+62 812-3630-3644
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 31 Activities in Labuan Bajo
Type: Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Komodo Dive Center, is a located in the heart of Labuanbajo, Flores. We offer first class dive trips and customized dive packages for all experience and certification levels. A set of brand new dive equipment is included in our day trip rate and we use a very comfortable wooden cruise boat for a max. Of 14 divers! Our dive staff will be happy to arrange the perfect dive trip: - The wooden boat cruise for the relaxed diver. - The speedboat trip for those who got no time to waste. - The liveaboard option for multiple diving days! . We also offer wide angle/macro photography workshops and camera rental! Frog fish, pygmy squid and sea horses are just some examples of creatures you can find only minutes away from Labuanbajo.
Winnipeg, Canada
“Ain't no party like a Komodo Dive party!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

I was in Labuan Bajo for two days in March. I was and still am fairly new at this whole diving thing (I had only 6 dives under my belt), and I knew the dives around Komodo were supposed to be more difficult, but I decided to ask around anyway. When I dropped in at Komodo dive centre, I was warned that the next days dives were more difficult and that I would only be able to do 2 out of the 3 dives. I still really wanted to go so I signed up right then and there. I was extremely happy that I did because I had the best experience with the Komodo Dive team ever! I was so nervous because I didn't really have any experience with diving with currents, but the dive masters (Willy and especially Patrice) made me feel so comfortable! They are incredibly knowledgeable and encouraging without being pushy. With their help and encouragement (and some luck with the currents) I ended up changing my dives and doing Castle Rock (the difficult dive that I wasn't supposed to do in the first place) and it was utterly amazing! I can't recommend Komodo Dive Centre enough. All in all, I had an amazing day with some amazing people and saw some amazing things (a manta ray and a pigmy seahorse in one dive - I'm told that's a very big deal and much more exciting than seeing a blue spotted stingray, which was also cool {blue spotted stingrays have feelings too, moritz}). I will definitely be diving with them again the next time I'm in Indonesia and you should too! :)

Visited March 2014
Moritz D, General Manager at Komodo Dive Center, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Hello Nola,

thank you so much for this nice review. When Willy and Patrice come back from the trip today i will let them read it. i am sure they will be happy.
Willy shifted the dives so you could dive Castle into slack tide. The only time where it is suitable for divers with your experience. Also you completed a check-dive first, therefore my guides were sure that the currents were fine for you. Obviously it payed off ;)

Mantas and pygmy in one dive i pretty rare but i will truly apologize for insulting blue-spotted-stingrays haha!
Hope to see you on our boat again.

Whakatane, New Zealand
“Exciting and Wicked Diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

If you are thinking about diving Komodo National park think no further and go contact Komodo Dive Centre. You will have heaps of fun, learn a lot along the way and definitely be able to better your diving skills with the various dive sites. I did 12 dives with them and got to do drift dives where I saw a lot of Manta Rays. We dives various pinnacles where we saw a lot sharks, turtles, schools of barracuda and giant trivally all play and hunt in the strong currents.Willy, Rany and Patrice where our dive guides that not only showed us the dives sites but taught us how to dive them efficiently using the various currents. Which results in a challenging dive become a very fun experience. You dive in small groups and and see plenty. Then after a full day of diving you get to sit outside the dive shop with a cold Bintang with your dive buddies looking through the books and discussing all the things you saw.

Visited March 2014
Moritz D, General Manager at Komodo Dive Center, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Hi there,

thank you so much for this nice review.
Nice to read that Thibo and you had a great time here with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Always nice to have such easy going guests like you were.
I guess you also had a great time surfing in Sumatra?:)

I will tell my boat crew and the guides that you appreciated their service. Rany usually translates our TripAdvisor reviews for the local boat crew so in the end of each month they can get some nice feedback on their job.
Rany was not guiding you by the way haha. The guides were Henki, Willy, Patrice and Pak Saiman. She was only with us during the muck-dive as she has amazing "spotter" abilities.

Thank you again for everything and for being our guest for such a long time.

Singapore, Singapore
“Professionalism and amazing dives”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We were diving in Komodo 7th and 8th March 2014, both days doing two dives in different spots around the Komodo National Park.
We are not really experience on diving so we were a bit worry about currents in Komodo as it is not the easier place to dive, they took extra care of us to ensure we were safe and help us to enjoy the amazing diving places in the area. They also take care of all the equipment and the cleaning so you just need to enjoy the ride!
No doubt if you are looking for professionalism, expert guidance and friendly dive master this is the place.
They are very keen on safety over the rest.
Highly recommended! Thanks to Moritz, Willy and the rest of the staff!

Hello to Singapore (if you still live there),

thank you so much for this fantastic review here on TripAdvisor.
Great to hear that you enjoyed the time with us and appreciated the service of the boat crew.
As i told you in the dive briefings, you can dive Komodo also as a beginner. Important is that the dive guides choose sites, tides and weather conditions that match the skill of the individual diver.
There are a lot of dive sites here that are affected by strong currents, but as you noticed right, there are also several places that are very calm and safe for beginners.

I hope to see both of you again soon.

Copenhagen, Denmark
9 attraction reviews
“Fantastic diving, great diveguides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We went diving in Komodo national park to see the Manta rays, and choose Komodo Dive Center because they sounded very competent and knowledgeable about the different dive sites in the area. This turned out to be more than true, and their dive guides were not only nice, friendly and competent but they were also very intent on taking care of the reef, which in my experience is rather unusual for local diveguides who tend to take their reef and animal life for granted. We had the best day and the best experience. Batu Balong turned out to be the most amazing dive spot, and the Manta rays were plenty at Makassar reef (also called Manta point). It was definately the right choice, also because Komodo dive center only have 2-3 divers per diveguide, include 3 dives in one trip and welcome snorklers as well as divers at a much lower cost but same service. We can warmly recommend Komodo dive center, and no doubt that we will use them again if come to the area. World class experience.

Visited February 2014
Hello Thea,

it is great to read that you and your family had a great time here in Komodo.
Being competent, professional and caring about the environment were the goals of KDC when we first started to operate here. Willy, Partice and the other guides will be very happy to hear that you appreciated their way of dealing with the environment here in the Komodo National Park. Willys briefings always include a words regarding coral health and how to behave/dive in an environmental friendly way and how to prevent damage on the pristine coral reefs here in the park.
That is also a reason why we never take more than three guests on one dive guide. This ensures safety and enjoyment on both sides.

Thank you again for being our guest, you are very welcome to join our boat again at any time.

Lexington, MA
7 attraction reviews
“Excellent dive center!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Very professionally run, organized and has great dive guides. These guys run on time, say what they mean and mean what they say. I was initially skeptical when late in the afternoon Moritz fit me in the office without me trying on the BCD, wetsuit, booties and fins, but sure enough everything fit quite well. It's especially comforting to find a dive operator like Komodo who pay great attention to safety given the inherent dangers of diving in this area. I tried another dive outfit before Komodo Dive Center and there was no contest. I highly recommend them.

Visited November 2013