“Great food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 21 Restaurants in Labuan Bajo
Cuisines: Indonesian, Pizza, Seafood, International
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Late Night
Description: The Lounge is situated on the main street of Labuan Bajo. It offers great views over the harbour stretching to many Islands, a sunset favourite! It's a great meeting place with very friendly staff and a great atmosphere! We offer a range of cuisine and drinks. Free Wifi, shisha pipes and relaxing sofa cushions makes the lounge a great place to hangout we also have Live entertainment including traditonal Manggarai dance & Local acoustic bands.
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The food here was excellent. I only downgraded to a 'very good' because of the cocktails. Specifically the arak cocktails... they were pretty bad. We had the pizza and it was really good. It even had real pepperoni. The lounge seats were great and I really liked the lighting, it created a lot of atmosphere.

Visited December 2012

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Stockholm, Sverige
“Best place to chill in Labuan Bajo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

When coming to Labuan Bajo we asked the taxi driver to take us to a place with wi-fi and he drove us to The Lounge. We simply loved it - a wonderful relaxing atmosphere and a stunning view over the ocean. After coming back from our liveaboard trip around Komodo we stayed another few days in Labuan Bajo, and kept going the Lounge for lunch, dinner and drinks at night - until it almost got embarrassing ;)
The staff and the owners were incredibly nice and food was great. I loved their thin, tasty pizzas and my boyfriend has seriously even been thinking about sending me back there for cooking lessons, to learn how to make their banana leaf baked fish - I think he had it almost every day!
Hope to see you soon again!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kuala Lumpur
“Great atmosphere, lovely people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stumbled upon The Lounge by luck. Was recommended Mediterraneo Restaurant across the street but it looked a bit too formal for my mood that night. Heard some nice music from the slope and was looking up to see what place it was when the owner's brother greeted me with a very friendly "come on up and chill!". Turned out, the place was exactly what I needed, laid-back, friendly with good food and company. Went back again for lunch on my last day at Labuan Bajo after 3 days live-aboard, was waiting for my flight out at 4.30pm. They have good wifi, didn't mind me lounging around while charging my laptop for 3 hours. Had their Ikan Bakar Flores which was good (but the best is still at the little stalls next to the market by the fishermen habour). Would definitely be a place to stop by if ever in town. Oh, and I forgot to mention, the view of the habour and islands beyond is not bad too!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Moscow, Russia
“The hip, happening eatery in Labuan Bajo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The Lounge is such a nice place to flop after a day of being beaten up by the sun, the waves and the heat one finds in Indonesian diving. The beer is cold, the wifi works, and they just don't care how ragged you look. And did I mention, the food is very good? An eclectic menu, generous portions, and better pizza than any I had on Bali.

Visited December 2012
amsterdam
“Atmosphere ok, food so so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Great place to lounge for a few hours, sip some fresh juice ad check your e-mails via the wifi. Their food is not all that great. Stick to burgers and stuff. Their Indonesian food is not up to standard, and you can get so much better at the little warungs on the waterside.

Visited November 2012