It is a new hotel and the staff is learning the trade. While there are some things which need to be improved, the most crucial factor is in place: the right attitude. The guest was treated very friendly and with a genuine service attitude from the reception (at the airport) to the check-out. The hotel itself was very clean and the facilities were nice; pool, breakfast area and spa. Now the improvements: yes, the hotel could use another lift; the gym ventilation could also be more effective; and it was a bit odd to see some of the staff having breakfast at the same time with the guests. The main shortcoming, however, was the car dispatch. As the hotel is some 2-3 km from the town, the guests rely on hotel transport to reach restaurant, diving school, harbour,... The booking of the car for the trip TO the town was easy. However, coordinating the pick-up was somewhat challenging. Telephone connection was bad, the drivers missed the passengers at meeting point (just passing by!), time pronouncements were vague, etc. This has to be corrected in order to maintain the guest base. Otherwise, it was a lovely experience in the poorest province of Indonesia. There is a great potential for tourism in Labuanbajo. Dont spoil it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along Labuan Bajo Beach, The Jayakarta Suites Komodo Flores offers luxurious accommodation surrounded by tropical greenery. It features a dive club offering programs for divers of all levels. The Jayakarta Suites Komodo Flores is a 15-minute drive from Komodo Airport, which is an hour's flight from Ngurah Rai International Airport. A boat cruise to Komodo Island takes 1 hour and 30 minutes. Free airport pick-up service is offered. Guests at Jayakarta Suites Flores can take a dip in the outdoor pool, or visit the spa for a relaxing aromatherapy massage. The hotel also has a concierge desk and a jogging track. Wi-Fi is free in public areas. Rooms come with a flat-screen satellite TV, minibar, and tea/coffee making facilities. Private bathrooms have separate bathtub and shower facilities. Some rooms feature beautiful views of the ocean. Buffet breakfast is served at Jayakarta Suites Komodo Flores. Meals can be enjoyed at Nat's Coffee Shop, while cocktails are available at Nick's Bar Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Jayakarta Suites Komodo-Flores reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jayakarta Suites Komodo-Flores Hotel Labuan Bajo
- The Jayakarta Suites Komodo-Flores Labuan Bajo, Indonesia