“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Angel Island Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Labuan Bajo
Angel Island Resort
You added Angel Island Resort to your Saves list
Pulau Bidadari, Labuan Bajo, Flores, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 19 Labuan Bajo B&B and Inns
Vienna, Austria
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We enjoyed our stay a lot!The resort is a beautiful and peaceful place with an astonishing house reef!! Snorkelling is excellent! Bungalows are high class! Diving is great! Staff is freindly and helpful! Nothing to complain!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

On our indonesia vacation, we stayed three nights on Bidadari island/ Angel Island Resort. This place was the absolute highlight of our trip. The staff is very friendly, the food was excellent and the villas were so beautiful. We really enjoyed doing nothing but snorkeling, relaxing and eating, and we would have loved to stay a couple of days longer. If anybody plans to visit Labuan Bajo and the Komodos, we definitely recommend to stay on Bidadari Island/ Angel Island resort. It is not cheap but it is worth every cent!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

It has been well over a month since we spent 5 blissful days on this island and we are about to book another stay, can't wait to return ! We arrived at the very beginning of their season and although they had barely opened their doors everything was seamless. The hosts are delightful , passionate and knowledgeable . Their joint commitment to the natural environment and love of all things aquatic has resulted in the preservation of this extraordinary place ; an absolute treasure in the South China Sea .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

After disembarking from a liveaboard dive boat, my husband and I wanted to spend another few days relaxing in the komodo area, and booking our 4 night stay at Angel Island was the icing on the cake! A beautiful location, with two of the most accommodating hosts I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. After non stop diving in the Komodo national park we were happy to plant our feet firmly on the ground and spend a few days doing absolutely nothing. Our secluded bungalow allowed around the clock privacy, and a silence that I could only dream of hearing again!
our days were spent laying on a private beach, where the staff still manage to find you and deliver fresh pastries and cold bintangs, then disappear before your eyes! The personal attention and attention to detail was remarkable. Dining was a different experience every meal, with an extensive menu that caters for all including vegetarians. Personalising meals was never an issue.
The house reef offered accessibility directly from the beach, and show cased Indonesia's finest underwater treasures. A couple of baby reef sharks and two baby stingrays patrolled the beach and were always curious to your presence. For long, uninterrupted days of laying on a private beach, or resting in your secluded bungalow, I can highly recommend Angel Island Resort. For great accessibility to Komodo National Park, and Rintja Island and world class diving and snorkelling, this place is a great location to explore the area. Also, make sure you keep your eyes open for Bertie the water Buffalo who hangs out at the end of Pink beach! He's quite the character!

Room Tip: All the islands bungalows are built to give the guest the constant feeling of isolation and freedom...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This Christmas I realized one of my dreams to visit the Komodo National Park and dive the waters there. And by a stroke of luck I chose Angel Island to base on Angel Island. Ernest and Kath have created a natural wonder of a resort here and there are so many good things to say, I don't know where to start. The Island has 3 white sand beaches, two of them private and where you can relax and enjoy the 50 shades of green that color the crystal waters and the steep hills of nearby islands. The modern bungalow style room was spacious and well appointed with a veranda and both an indoor and outdoor garden shower as you prefer. The food prepared under the watchful eye of Ernest is amazing The menu is quite extensive and at first I was concerned that such a small kitchen could do all of these things well. But everything I ordered exceeded my expectations and the fresh fish grilled with many different seasonings was the highlight for me.

Ernest and Kath have put their hearts and souls into this resort and that was evident upon rising in the morning when I walked out of my bungalow to be treated to a symphony of sound and color by the many native bird species, butterflies and other insects. It was a paradise that became more precious to me and appreciated as the days went by.

The diving was great. I was a little apprehensive as I had heard stories of strong currents, down currents, cold water etc. But Ernest arranged a refresher dive for me at the house reef and the dive master was very attentive and helped me to build my confidence before taking me on the best dives of my life.

Komodo Park was stunning in its beauty and humbling in its wildness. The trek on Rinca, one of the islands where the dragon still lives, was fantastic and would have been better if we had remembered to take some water. If you want to experience wild Indonesia, this is a great place and I recommend at least a few days on Angel Island.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Lavernia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I spent two nights on Angel Island back in June, 2012. I had asked my travel agent for a
place to stay merely to visit Rinca Island to see the Komodo Dragons after a week on Wakatobi.I thought that resort would be hard to beat from what I heard about it and Angel offered a 2 night stay with a boat trip to Rinca.

I found West Flores/ Komodo Park islands were indeed dry as mentioned in other reviews. The scenery wasn't Bora Bora, more Tokoriki in the Fiji group, but no waving coconut palms.
But, after visiting many islands in the Caribbean and South/Indo Pacific I find each island has
it's own charm. The waters around Angel are just as green and blue.....clear too...as I've seen elsewhere. They were the same visiting Pengga Island for snorkelling after my trip to Rinca. Angel also offers trips to other islands in Komodo Park for diving and if the conditions are right, snorkelling too. There are some strong currents on other islands, but snorkelling is usually available on the leeward sides of them. That said, I'm not a diver, but an avid snorkeller with camera. Angel offers 2 beaches, one for public use as divers and snorkellers visit from Labuan Bajo, but no big crowds from what I saw. The other beach is for guests only. Both have nice house reefs a short distance from the beaches. Not as extensive as Wakatobi, but Angel is after all, a small island. I did see marine life I didn't see at Wakatobi. At Pengga there were things to see in fairly shallow water, less than 20 feet, that one had to dive to see at Wakatobi.

I think the resort itself is a real jewel too. I want to say 10 bungalows that are quite modern with all amentities except TV, but who cares. I certainly didn't. The rooms are spacious with an outside bath. The bungalows also have privacy with about 50 feet/17 meters between them with some fairly thick bushes(hibiscus) that give the feel you're there by yourself. In fact, I was that my first visit...the only guest. Yes, I went back in September, but stayed a week this time. More guests this time, but I rarely saw anybody as they went about their own schedules.

The open air restaurant is small compared to other places I've visited, but just as quaint with the architecture, on the beach, and great food prepared by Ernest, the manager, and his local staff. That said, I save the best for last. A resort is only as good as the staff, big or small. One reason I return to that area of the world is the kindness and friendliness of the people I've met. They just add to the whole experince of visiting these far off places. I do try my best to return that kindness when interacting with them. My Indonesian is coming along and always have time to mingle with the natives. I can count more smiles in one day than I see in a week Stateside. The staff at Angel made my stays all the more pleasurable and memorable.I hope to go back soon and maybe stay 2 weeks this time. But, to each his, or her, own. From what I see on TripAdvisor some are happy, some claim never to have had a more miserable time no matter where it is.
You can please some of the people some of the time, but not all the people all the time. If you're looking for a laid back vacation on an off the chart island far from the maddening crowd of Western Civilization give Angel Island a try. To Ernest, Kath, "G," Lisa, Andre, Aris, Nuis, and everyone else I met on the island, thank you so much for an enjoyable and memorable stay and hope to see you again.

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool or fitness center perse.' The beaches and reef were all I needed. I be...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Another small and exotic island of Indonesia near Rinca and Komodo Island. Professionally runned by Mr Ernest and friends, this place is a five star hotel in a mid of tranquil island. The water is calm and the white sand is soft. There is a coral garden just about 5 meter from the beach line. I even saw a baby shark swimming along the beach line. For first timer snorkeller this is a good place to start although the water sometimes is milky due to the soft sand so your range of vision maybe only about 3 meter comparing to 10m more in Bunaken. For those who hates bugs, flying cicadas during your dinner will annoy you. And also sometimes there is baby scorpion in your room or even bedroom as stated in the hotel's guide book. Ernest's fresh baked bread Bruschetta is the best but other food need improvement.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Angel Island Resort? Share your experiences!