“Panorama with service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bayview Gardens

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Labuan Bajo
Bayview Gardens
You added Bayview Gardens to your Saves list
Jl Puncak Waringin, Labuan Bajo, Flores 86554, Indonesia   |
Ranked #2 of 19 Labuan Bajo B&B and Inns
München
“Panorama with service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had seen the little town and were happy that we had such a nice, green retreat. Adrian, the dutch owner was a great help in planing our journey (tips for the flights, organization of a nature guide...) - thank you! We had two times wonderful diner on the terrace of our bungalow - together with a great gecko or in the little restaurant, indonesian breakfast was also very nice - so we didn't see any reason to leave our domicile. We got help enough with our luggage - necessary by the steep steps!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and the main thing I thought was great about it was the air conditioning! It was seriously powerful to the point that we were cold which was great! It was obvious when we arrived that the room hadn't been prepared for our arrival as we only had one towel which had a huge brown stain on it, no toiletries and the double bed had numerous hairs (chest hairs I'm presuming!) and mascara all over it! I was very disappointed seeing as this place had been the pick of the lonely planet book! Breakfast the next day was a disappointment as we had a banana pancake that tasted of nothing, bread that had seen the toaster for maybe 2 seconds and enough jam for one slice even though we had 4 slices! The following day our room was cleaned and we had clean towels but I had asked the previous afternoon for clean towels and nothing happened so we ended up usin our own. We also asked someone to arrange for a drop off the next day and when we arrived I. The morning this hadnt been arranged which was very annoying. The owner leaves a booklet in the room telling his story which I felt was a bit personal as nobody wants to know about his drug taking years in Amsterdam. His story I felt was a bit self righteous! How lonely planet have this as their pick I really don't know! It's ok as a accommodation but they really dot even have the basics down!

• Stayed September 2013
cornwall
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Views superb. Breakfasts awful. Gardens beautiful. Rooms ok, spacious with lovely terraces. Walk down to and back from town ok, and at any rate, regular bemos mean you can avoid the walk. Nice Balinese restaurant about 150 m away. Eat there, great views, good cheap food.

The main point is that there are there types of traveler. The first will sleep through anything. The second regards the very close proximity (they are practically in the room) of cockerels as charmingly rustic. The third resents the loss of sleep due to said bird. I was a vegetarian, but I eat chicken as a result of staying here.

Milano
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Let's start from the good: 1) the view from each room terrace towards the bay is stunning, especially at sunset 2) the Dutch owner was very kind and helpful at the time of reservation (via e-mail). Thanks to his suggestion of using the website www.ticketindonesia.info, I have been able to book a number of domestic flights and pay by credit card from abroad 3) the Malaysian guys at the "reception" (not a real one, actually) try to do their best in helping clients.
Well, I think that's all for the good part...in facts, based on previous TA reviews and on Lonel Planet recension, I expected much more from this hotel. The point is that the entire structure is really basic and requires guests to adapt to a number of inconveniences: safe broken, toilet broken, rusty shower, very old and noisy fan, sheets and furniture tired...all that could be acceptable for a cheaper price, but when you think that for about 10 € more per night you can sleep in a western-standard, comfortable and brand new hotel with the same wonderful view (i.e.: La Prima), well, I guess there are no doubts about the right decision to take (unless you dislike big buildings in the middle of the coastline, but this is another matter...)

Antwerp, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Based on reviews from other travellers I had high hopes for this hotel.
And yes, each room having its private terrace with harbour views has its charm (although from all the reviews I expected the view to be more idyllic), but as the rooms themselves are very basic, the total package is rather overpriced.

Having breakfast served on your balcony however is one of the perks of this hotel, but make sure they don't charge you for things you didn't order! Somehow, 5 fruit juices showed up on our bill without having ordered a single one. Other than that, staff is helpful.

perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed here two nights after a live aboard dive trip. Overall I enjoyed my stay but a few things could be improved and the price could be a little more competitive when compared to other hotels in town. Each room has its own terrace overlooking the harbour which I loved and the sunsets here are amazing, infact, I would have to say the best I have ever seen. They also provide free drinking water in each of the terraces with a great array of coffees. Breakfast was really nice and they bring it to your room.
The one thing that put me off was the bad sewerage smell in the bathroom and along the path leading up to the rooms. Maybe there was a few problems at that time but the smell got overpowering for me. If it wasn't for this I wold probably rate 4 stars. I think this place will be great when they put in a pool and there should be somewhere where you can buy a cold beer or snacks since its a bit of a hike into town.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 5 night with family, rooms + terraces are really large + clean, beautiful garden and view on the ocean.
Staff is nice and helpful.
Hearty and various breakfasts are served directly on your terrace.
To reach labuanbajo center you need to walk 15-20 minutes. Bemos are are not cheap.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Bayview Gardens? Share your experiences!