“Beautiful surroundings” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Christchurch
“Beautiful surroundings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011 via mobile

Very nice winery lunch outside with vines surrounding. Good play area for kids. Had some nice seafood platters, kids had standard kids meals for 12.50 which included sundae. Nothing outstanding about it, but all satisfactory. If anything a little over-priced. Nice wine!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
Nelson, New Zealand
“Amazing Food, Great Wine, Awesome location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Try the seafood platter...looks as good as it tastes!~!!

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“doest get much better than that :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011 via mobile

great service, excellent food, overall just superb

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nelson
“Very disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

My husband and I had lunch at this restaurant today and were very disappointed. We sat outside at a table in the sun surrounded by the vineyard which is very nice but the noise from the nearby highway is noticable.
We ordered a bottle of wine which came in good time and was very pleasant without being great. We both ordered the Tasting Platter which was excellent and good value at just under $10.00. It consisted of a small cup of soup (Pumpkin), a sample of Thai Beef Salad, the Hot Smoke Salmon and a tiny bit of bread with goat's cheese.
For the main my husband ordered the steak which he had no complaints with and I ordered Roast Pork. When I first tasted my meal I thought I had been served lamb as it had a very fatty aftertaste and I told the waitress that I had the wrong meal. However, she came back and said it was the pork, but did offer to give me something else if I wasn't happy with it. I kept the meal but in no way did it taste or look like pork but however was OK once I got over thinking it was lamb.
We ordered coffees to finish the meal and when they were delivered to the table one was split in the saucer and we were asked if we wanted a different saucer!! I think it was plain that it was unacceptable as it was delivered and should have been taken away with any hesitation. When the coffee came back it was in the same cup with run marks all down the side and a serviette placed on a clean saucer to catch the drips from the bottom on the cup - not a good look, plus it was almost cold by this stage.
All in all while the food was OK the service was dreadful. Our first waitress didn't know what the soup of the day was and didn't tell us about the Wine of the Day, which we would have selected if we had been advised of it. On paying the person at the counter didn't say thank you, hope you enjoyed your meal, hope to see you again - just took our money without comment and that was that.
A very disappointing experience and not one we would repeat when there are plenty of other good restaurants in and around Nelson.
The total cost of out meal came to $115.38, including a bottle of wine.

• Visited April 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
bravehard64, Owner at Petite Fleur at Seifried Estate, responded to this review, April 30, 2011
Thank you for your valued feed back.

We appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your dining experience.
I would like to personally apologise for your day not being what you had hoped, and to let you know that we have taken your points very seriously.
We like to pride ourselves on the positive feedback we have had since opening, and to read about your experience was quite disturbing for us. Moving forward we are putting steps in place to prevent a similar issue arising and will be talking to the staff member in question.

Warm regards

Horst Wellmeyer
Chef/Owner
Bay Area, California
“Lovely outdoor seating, great food and good for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

We had a lovely lunch at Seifried in their beautiful outdoor seating area, which was a treat for my kids because Seifried also has a play structure there, so my kids could run around (which made for a more relaxing meal for us parents!).
I had a fantastic rack of lamb -- one of the best in NZ so far (which is saying a lot!) -- and my husband was impressed by his fish dish. My kids did not like their burgers from the children's menu because they were heavily seasoned, sort of how Americans prepare meatloaf, but that seems to be a common way to make burgers in N.Z. and I thought they tasted good. Delicious wines. Service was fine but not great; they seemed slightly understaffed, but we didn't mind being there and relaxing longer. For additional details and pics on Seifried and our visit to that area, please see our blog post (--)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere