We stayed 4 nights in our tent here as a base to explore Nelson and surrounding areas. The hosts are lovely and welcoming, the facilities are clean, newly painted and well maintained.
BUT, things to note:
1) The holiday park is in the middle of a suburban area and the tent site we had (4) backs onto houses who played loud music.
2) The site was also not a dedicated tent site but designed for motorhomes & campervans so gravel mixed with grass. It was very hard to get our tent pegs into the ground in several places.
3) the holiday park is on the direct flight path of Nelson airport and while it's only smaller planes and not as busy as Auckland, Wellington or Heathrow, they are not the best way to wake up when camping.
4) there is an unsupervised ie no security, back entrance to the holiday park from Waverley St which makes it very easy for anyone to enter without the office staff knowing. We ensured we padlocked our tent zips.
5) the road outside the holiday park is State Highway 6 - the main road into Nelson and main route of the logging trucks from the surrounding forests. Traffic noise was continuous day and night.
We would not stay here again instead preferring to find something close to the beach and less noisy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering free Wi-Fi, an outdoor pool and free on-site parking, Richmond Motel & Top 10 Holiday Park is just 5 minutes' walk from shops and restaurants. It features apartments with a fully equipped kitchen and a private courtyard patio. The property is 15 minutes' drive south of Nelson. The 4-star, Richmond Motel is 5 minutes' drive from ASB Aquatic Centre and Saxton Field Sports Complex. It is 8 minutes' drive from the World of Wearable Art. Kaiteriteri Beach and Abel Tasman National Park are both within an hours' drive. Communal facilities include a shared kitchen, a guest lounge area and a laundry room. You can shared an outdoor meal in the BBQ area, while younger guests can enjoy the children's playground. The spacious, 1-bedroom apartments offer a dining setting and a lounge area with a sofa, a flat-screen TV and a DVD player. Each have a private bathroom with a shower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Richmond Motel & Top 10 Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Richmond Motel & Top 10 Holiday Park Nelson-Tasman, New Zealand