“Almost perfect staff and a great overall experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Surf Camp Australia

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gerroa
Surf Camp Australia
You added Surf Camp Australia to your Saves list
Gerroa, New South Wales, Australia   |
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Almost perfect staff and a great overall experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We didn't have the best weather for surf camp last weekend, but I still enjoyed it. If you really want to learn how to surf I recommend it. I had never surfed before, and I found the teachers to be really helpful and cool. The beach was beautiful and I definitely left the trip feeling a lot more confident about surfing. The food could have been better and the main counselor (I won't mention names) was very rude and not funny at all. He emphasized not laughing at other people, but instead encouraged laughing with them. I found this to be quite odd because he routinely made fun of other people on the program and he was very negative overall. His humor was inconsiderate and offensive. I loved the instructors Matt, Tyson, Utan and Idan (Sorry if I misspelled any names). I have worked in the hospitality industry and overall this was a wonderful experience. I think this program made a mistake by hiring someone so pretentious and rude as the main ambassador and spokes person to the camp. I definitely recommend this program, but make sure to check the weather and go on a weekend that is warm and not rainy!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Surf Camp Australia was truly one of the best experiences I've had in Aus and I always recommend it to everyone I meet! It is a great way to meet and get to know other travelers when you first get to Australia and the best way to learn how to surf! I was there Jan 2013 and it was totally worth it! The food was delicious, the cabins were pretty kool and the instructors were great!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I had a blast!! It was one of the first activities I did on my abroad Adventure in Australia!! I was so excited when I got up on the board and was able to ride the wave! The instructors were great and they really pushed you to keep trying until you are able to stand up on the board. It was great because the trip I was on only had 15 people in the program so it was really easy to get to know people and have a blast!! But don't be alarmed on the bigger trips, they have more instructors and a set schedule for food, so everyone is happy and has the best time!! The atmosphere was also great and it was a 5 minute walk from 7 mile beach! The price was very reasonable too because everything is included!! i would recommend the weekend stay because any shorter, you will feel discouraged that you stood up on the board once or not at all, and any more than that time, you will be veryyyyyyy sore!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Turin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I've been one month in Australia and I promise to myself to learn something about surf. In my last weekend I found this amazing camp and i decided to join with a discount of 100 AUD (only for Aug. and Sept. 2013). We were 20 people and 4/5 people from the staff. They are all passioned surfers and their objective is to teach you as much as they can!
7 Mile beach is the perfect place to learn how to surf and the camp is also designed to meet new friends having fun together because, as they claim, life is better when you surf!
After that camp I definitely want to keep surfing somewhere in Europe!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was nervous to sign up for surf camp because I didn't know how successful I would be and if it would be my kind of thing. I almost didn't go but my friends dragged me and I'm so glad. I wouldn't have missed it for the world. It was one of the best trips I've been on since I've been in Australia. It is a must do. No matter your past experience, if any, the surfers are all so patient and laid back but they do want you to be able to surf by the end of the weekend and do all they can to help you achieve it! I would recommend Surf Camp to anyone, so if you have any doubts about going, just do it! And don't worry about it being too cold in the winter, your wetties keep you nice and warm in the water. Go for it and hang loose!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I wanted to get away and learn to surf. This camp delivered with happy, upbeat, friendly, funny and encouraging staff. Very good coaches and you'll make friends unless you're doing something wrong. The food is fresh and delicious after a long rewarding day in the water. A get away not too far away, and the price is inexpensive for what it's offers.

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Surf camp will most definetly be one of the highlights of my study in Australia. The staff was amazing. Their love for surfing and teaching others truly shows and each lesson was enjoyable and successful. The beach is beautiful and the rooms were nice and warm with the heaters. Since the second we arrived I felt welcome and all my needs were taken care of. This weekend at surf camp made the best impression of surfing and because of the amazing time I had I will be continuing my lessons in surfing. Thank you to Cody and the rest of the staff for a memorable weekend.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Surf Camp Australia? Share your experiences!