“Great way to meet new friends!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Surf Camp Australia

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gerroa
Surf Camp Australia
You added Surf Camp Australia to your Saves list
Gerroa, New South Wales, Australia   |
“Great way to meet new friends!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Thought the weather was too good to pass an opportunity to learn how to surf over the weekend! The last time I was on a board was about 15 years ago so you could say I was about to give the instructors a difficult task at teaching a true, no experience beginner. They were fantastic. So patient, well explanatory & spent plenty of time with me. By the end of the weekend I was actually catching a few waves in on my feet. The best part is the people I got to meet from all parts of the globe. We were able to share a laugh at our fails & a cheer with our successes. Swapped emails with a lot to make some life long friends. People's experience on the board were varied but the instructors could cover everyone from the beginner to the advanced. Won't be the last time I take this trip! Thanks for teaching the hopeless (me!!!) how to surf! See you soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Loved every minute of it this company is great very hands on and are great with beginners. The instructors had heaps of energy and were really friendly, they were happy to help you when you couldn't grasp the concept of standing and were even happy to show you easier moves to help you out. I would recommend them to those that would like to take up surfing.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and i spent a weekend at surf camp, and it was brilliant! The bus trip was comfortable, and ur made to feel very welcome as soon as u arrive at camp. We were all given 1:1 time with instructors on both days whilst in the ocean, and no matter if u pick it up quickly or less so. Instructors were really friendly and professional. U get all pics and a professional style video of ur trip included. Tonnes of food to eat too, all prepared for u. I still havent stopped smiling since ... such great memories. Would recommend everyone to go! Thanks Cody & the team !!

• Stayed April 2013
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Best week in Australia so far !

The food is tasty, the accommodation comfortable and the instructors are all nice and cheerful. On top of that I went alone but I never felt so as I got to know a lot of people from all over the world.

The weather was not really good and sometimes it was really pouring but it didn't matter because you are so excited that you just wanna go surfing. I can assure you that you're gonna stand on the board from the first lesson ! The instructors give a lot of advice on the surf gear and the security which is very useful if wanna keep surfing after the week.

Just one advice : bring flip flops, they are a lot of gravels on the road to the beach. I forgot mine and at the end of the week my feet hurt a bit.

I'm frothin' to come back !

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Paddington, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Had a great time, learnt heaps about surfing and improved a lot.
Heaps of time in the water, instructors were all very professional, friendly and helpful.
Ample good food and a cool camp space. Photos and videos edited together and made available quickly.
Highly recommended!

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The best weekend of all times! Really great instructors with a lot of energy that are determined to make you get the most out of your time at Surf Camp. I had the time of my life, learning to surf. It was so much fun to get to know other people as well and at the same time spend time at beach. I would really recommend this to everyone!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I can not even begin to say how amazing my weekend trip to Surf Camp was. I was met at the pickup on the Friday evening and the adventure started there.. the trip down was comfy and was it awesome meeting some of the other guys I was spending the weekend with. SurfCamp is awesome..the beds are comfy, there is heaps of space to chill out, movies to watch, and even a shop close by to hit that chocolate craving in the evening. The food was delicious. After only eating noodles and toast for so long, it was so good to get a proper meal in. And there was always enough for seconds (and after a big day surfing you will need it!) The instructors are amazing. They were so so helpful, and always made sure you understood what was going on, and there was always time for some 1 on 1 extra help. They were friendly, energetic and obviously LOVE what they do. I can not recommend Surf Camp Australia more for a surfing adventure, don't even think about going anywhere else.

Been to Surf Camp Australia? Share your experiences!