“Not going back” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Amerispa Spa Nordique Cantley

Amerispa Spa Nordique Cantley
5, chemin Ste-Elisabeth, Cantley, Quebec J8V 3E8, Canada (Formerly BleuSpa)
819.335.1555
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 3 things to do in Cantley
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Cantley, in the Outaouais region and 20 minutes from Gatineau and Ottawa, Amerispa Spa Nordique Cantley offers a natural experience in an enchanting location in the heart of the mixed boreal forest where pines intermingled with maples and birches.Our spa invite to an exhilarating experience, in pure quietude and tranquility: Eucalyptus-scented steam bath, Finnish sauna, outdoor hot tubs, temperate bath, Nordic waterfalls, indoor and outdoor relaxation areas with fireplaces.Discover the Bistro and enjoy a health menu and a glass of wine while relaxing near a fireplace and admiring the view over the hills of Outaouais
Ottawa, Canada
17 attraction reviews
“Not going back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2015

It was my third time there and probably my last. Went there on January 30th with my best friend.The only good thing was that we were almost alone so we were able to chat as much as we wanted to. We arrived at 10 am (first one there) and I had a 100$ voucher (another good thing). After saying that we owed 50$ each (tx included), the employee at the reception told us that half of the pools and the heated floor tiles where not working due to cold weather. No discount? Nope. So we decided to stay since it did not cost us a thing with my voucher. Entering the changing rooms, we noticed a weird smell but eh it's free right. We changed and went outside. We walked carefully on ice to start in the eucalyptus steam room. It was a nice start. Then we went back outside for the "cold" part of the routine and then in the hot tube (only one open...). When it was time for the relaxing part, we went in the Bleu salon. It looked as if the floor had only been wiped but not cleaned. You could see salt residue everywhere (salt because of the ice everywhere). Ok I'll stop there because I did enjoy my time there but only because I was with my friend and we were alone. We also had a nice lunch which was very good.
In conclusion, a phone call to the spa before going would be a good idea. You need to make sure you are paying for what is advertised.

Visited January 2015

Ottawa, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Nice, contemporary, clean spa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2015

The Amerispa was a nice surprise. Small, clean, with nice lighting, excellent showers and bathrobe included - a nice touch. There were not many people, which made the experience even better. We could chat without disturbing others. Just a shame that the restaurant closed so early. Good value.

Visited January 2015
“wondering....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

Not sure what is going on....membership special are being changed on a last minute basis...not very professional if you ask me....we purchased a 1 year membership at 50%off with 20%off on massage, body treatments et products and 15% on restaurant bills...also we were told that we could bring someone as a visitor with us at each visit...all that was for the 1 year mrmbership...we purchase our membership in October...tonight a leave the spa and I am told that they won t allow visitor anymore....what is going on??? SO MUCH FOR HONESTY...SO MUCH FOR REPUTATION!!!!!

Visited November 2014
Waterloo, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“The professionalism of the staff leaves much to be desired.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We were extremely embarrassed when my wife came upstairs in her bathing robe, ready for our massage, after a few hours in the baths. Instead of kindly suggesting that she should go downstairs and change into her clothes, the looks given by the front staff member were looks of horror and derision. We are not regular spa patrons, and were just looking to have a nice afternoon away together, a once-in-a-very-rare-while splurge. If a faux pas was committed, we expect that it is dealt with a professional attitude. Moreover, I expect that we would have been able to return to the baths after our massage, and so it was not unreasonable to assume that the locker and bathrobes would remain in our possession until such a time as we were completely done.

The baths themselves were decently nice - I liked that they were quiet and that very few people were there. My wife and I could talk with each other and not disturb other patrons, as everyone was spread out. They were, however, somewhat dirty - the hot tub in particular looked like the seats hadn't been cleaned in a very long time.

Visited August 2014
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
6 attraction reviews
“Peaceful visit...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Went on Saturday morning, was warmly greeted, made our way through the spa and enjoyed every minute of the beautiful facilities. Quiet rooms are nicely furnished, comfortable and warm thanks to the wood and gas fireplaces (nice hot tea too!).
I will be back and will recommend.