“Fun, good value for season pass, disinterested staff” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Cantley
3 attraction reviews
“Fun, good value for season pass, disinterested staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Who and when: Me, husband, 17 month old son, 3 1/2 year old son. We went on a Saturday and got there when the park opened at around 10am. We were able to get a shaded picnic table.

Cost: $39/ per person (season pass) for me, hubs and 3 year old. Free for my 17 month old (under two). That is very reasonable in my opinion. Parking is free. The food is all really overpriced- for example a small lollipop in gift shop was $1.75. You are allowed to bring a cooler in with food, water, soft drinks etc. (no alcohol). So, it's easy to avoid the overpriced concessions.

Attraction: It is not a huge water park. For my toddlers, it was sufficient. There is a wadding pool with a couple small slides that I my 17 month old enjoyed. There are 2 somewhat taller slides in kiddie section that are good for my 3 year old. There are larger slides as well for somewhat older kids and adults, but not as numerous as that "other big local water park".

Staff: We had an incident where a child (not ours) climbing over side of a slide and almost fell 10 feet on to the ground. I slid (with my 3 y/o) into this child as I did not know he was climbing up slide wrong way. When I tried to get my son off slide another child slid into me and knocked me and my 3 y/o over. There was NO staff managing the two taller watersides in kids section. We told staff, they were indifferent and brushed us off.

In summary, the season pass is very reasonably priced and parking is free. If you are willing to get there when they open, you can get a shaded picnic spot. You are allowed to bring a cooler with your own refreshments. Pretty good kids section with disinterested staff. Good economical fun for young families. Thrill seekers might prefer other local big water park.

Visited June 2014

ottawa
“Excellent value for the dollar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

The line-ups were short or non existent. We had a group of 10 10 year olds. We were able to situate ourselves to see the entire park. The children went off independently and moms enjoyed the mountain air and scenery .

Nepean
11 attraction reviews
“Great day!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Mont cascades is a perfect option for a family day at the waterpark. Way more reasonably priced than the bigger parks.
You can get passes through Costco in Ottawa as well

“Zombie Water Park”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This water park seemed like it was ran by Zombies. The kids working there seemed like they had no energy, no emotion and no sense of work ethic. I don't know how these employees were trained. If their managers told them "go out there and do nothing" then they are doing a great job, because that is exactly what they did.

One slide attendant was apparently too busy eating Dunkaroo's to give the "okay" to the next set of people going down the slides. The rest did not feel like helping anyone pull their tubes out of the pool. It was sad to see three small children try to tug the giant tube out of the water on their own.

Another attendant left the slide right before my turn came. I had no instruction as to how to properly go down the slide or when it was safe to do so. If there was a small child up next and went too soon, that could have resulted in an injury or something more serious.

Well, thanks to Mont Cascade I was able to spend my day at the Zombie Park feeling unsafe, without a single smile or any assistance when most needed. It was a great day!

34 attraction reviews
“Waterpark near to Ottawa!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We went on the only sunny day one rainy week in the summer and the waterpark was packed with people! We were lucky to find a place in the shade even though we arrived shortly after lunch but for a full day outing something to shade the children from the sun would have been useful (like a small tent/umbrella). We were happy to find that the line-ups for the slides for small children were quite short. The slides and kiddie pools were a big hit with the kids.

One thing to note is that parking was scarce and we ended up parking a fair distance away (we used our stroller to transport the baby which worked out quite well).

I appreciated that there was a nice indoor change area (although it would benefit from some better lighting in the actual change cabins which were very dark when you pulled the curtain) and that there was a small shop where we could buy some baby swim diapers (we had forgotten ours at home).

For the price ($16.99 per person but we managed to get tickets for $12.49 at Costco) this was a fairly affordable family outing as we could easily have stayed the whole day . It's possible to buy food at the park itself but there are also lots of picnic tables and many people had coolers with them so self-picnicking is quite possible.

Despite the crowds, the park area was clean and well maintained.

Visited July 2013