“Fine homecooked meals with wonderful ambiance” 5 of 5 stars

Mangoes
Jalan Kuala Teriang, Kuala Teriang, Langkawi 07000, Malaysia
Website
Improve this listing
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Surrey, Canada
“Fine homecooked meals with wonderful ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have been a frequent visitor to Mangos from the beginning. For a home cooked meal for someone with a western taste it almost makes me want to go home to Canada. Lutz,, Michelle and Christina are joined by a staff who have long enjoyed working in this restaurant and their quality food is a tribute to this dedication. I love the lamb shanks but there are lots of items to select...all delicious. Going to Mangos is like being invited out to a friends home for dinner...its just that nice. When I return in 3 weeks I will go straight there for a good meal.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“cosy place by the water side”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

How many times I had dinner here I can only guess. Never been disappointed. Lutz and Michele are one of their kind and go out of their way to ensure that you get royal treatment! From great salads to German sausages you can indulge yourself.
Put it on your list!

Visited August 2013
Viersen, Germany
“NICE!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

If You want to be treatet by really good western food I can recommend the Mangoes. My T-bone-steak was excellent and this just for an example. The location is quite hidden, but as it`s well known people can give You directions. Comming from nearby Sheraton Beach Resort You can walk from the beach to Shinis Restaurant and cross the tiny little bridge if it`s low tide and daylight. It`s THE meeting place for expats, easy to meet people here...

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“Hidden Greatness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Of the few meals I've had in Langkawi, I must say my experience at Mangoes is definitely the best in every regard. It was a bit difficult to find, but the place has a large regular crowd and had no problems keeping the supplies fresh. Awesome setting, awesome service from the staff, and awesome food. Will be back for more on my next visit!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
mangoesmichele, Owner at Mangoes, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
We are very glad you enjoyed your time with us.We loved having you. Hope all went well with your return journey and we will look forward to seeing you again!!!
Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia
“My dear Pavlova”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I went to have a dinner with my girlfriend in Mango few weeks ago. We had, as usual, a nice evening and a good dinner. Then, it was time to choose the dessert….
They recommend me the “Pavlova” dessert, and of course I agree as I like to try new stuff. But I was not prepared for such experience!
I took my spoon and try a little piece of it. Then I stood up, with the plate in my hands and went to see Lutz, the cook, who was as a matter of fact, talking with other customers. I looked at him strait in the eyes and I pointed the plate I had in my hands and told him: I love that stuff……
Lutz looked at me, with some worries on his eyes, and say: Ok, you love it….. But???
There is no “But”. I love it, that’s it! I told him
It was so funny to see him realising that I was happy and satisfied even though my attitude was like someone who wanted to complain! He starts smiling, and I went back to my table to finish that lovely dessert.
Pavlova is a meringue dessert with a crisp crust and soft, light lemon taste inside. A lovely equilibrium between the sweetness of the meringue and the bitterness of the lime.
I really recommend it.
Thank you for that Lutz and Michelle!

Clement

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
mangoesmichele, Owner at Mangoes, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
I'm very glad you enjoyed my pavlova. It is a recipe that has been passed down to me from my grandmother. Let me know when you are coming next time 2 days in advance and I will make sure that I have one ready for you. Thanks for your comments.