My partner and our 3 children have just returned from a two week holiday at Sensatori Tenerife. This is the first time that I have written a review on a hotel as it is not something I have ever felt the need to do. On this occassion I very much feel the need to write this review. Before going to Sensatori Tenerife I, like most folk, read the reviews of others who had previously stayed at the hotel. To say I was a little hesitant about the hotel after reading the negative reviews would have been an understatement!! If you are about to go on holiday to this hotel then please let me put your mind at rest. From start to finish we had a fabulous holiday. The hotel is magnificent, the staff are hard-working, friendly and extremely helpful. The accommodation is 5 star - the rooms are modern, spotless and extremely comfortable - room service is second to none. The food is great with the Pangea self-service restaurant offering a fantastic range of tasty, healthy and creative dishes. The other al a carte restaurants serve a more limited 'all inclusive' menu for Sensatori guests, but it is just as tasty and if you fancy something a little more special then you can pay extra for it. The pool areas are great and meet the needs of all ages of children (and adults!). Children's entertainment in the evenings is fantastic and our kids (aged 2, 10, 11) loved it. We overheard some of the 'moaners' comment about the inappropriate double meaning to some of the kids jokes - but for goodness sake - have they ever noticed the double meaning in some of the jokes in Toy Story / Monsters Inc. / Shrek?? Get a life is what I say to them! The evening entertainment was also very good and very tasteful - the resident musician and entertainment staff are extremely talented and gifted people. We also heard the 'moaners' complaining about waiting in a queue for the Pangea restaurant - they waited no more than a couple of minutes - and it was not because the restaurant was too busy or because the staff could not cope - it was simply because the hotel's policy is that all guests are escorted to their seats by the very friendly, professional staff. The bellboy service was excellent as was the sport facilities and the helpfulness of the Thomsons staff. The hotel shop was well stocked with EVERYTHING you would need - and the staff were lovely. The shop and bar drinks were expensive - but it is not a 3 star hotel in the middle of Benidorm you are staying in!! The location is not Monaco, but I knew this before I booked - there is a lovely walk along the rocky cliffs with beautiful ocean views and a pleasant short walk into the small town for some groceries. We arranged a couple of trips to Siam waterpark and Loro Park zoo through Thomsons staff when we arrived - both trips were excellent and worth every penny!! Honestly I find it hard to believe that people could complain about this hotel. What did the 'moaners' expect? One to one service with hotel staff concentrating only on them?? This hotel is one of a kind and you will not find many like it around the world - unfortunately you will find many 'moaners' and those folk who thrive on complaining about nothing. I wish all the staff at Sensatori Tenerife the very best. Thankyou very much for an excellent holiday, for all your hard-work, professionalism and dedication. We would definately book this hotel again and will certainly be booking Sensatori again next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its privileged Oceanfront location, offering spectacular views of the island La Gomera and Mount Teide, the Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort is perfectly integrated in the South west coast of Tenerife. This stunning Design hotel is situated in the fishing village Alcala, a beautiful unspoiled area at five minutes driving distance from the amazing Los Gigantes cliffs. It offers an attractive and inspiring proposal to experience new sensations and to live magic moments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Melia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Hotel Alcala
- Gran Melia Guia De Isora
- Palacio De Isora Gran Melia
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Resort & Spa Guia De Isora, Tenerife