Unusually I am writing this review part way into our holiday, in the mildest hope that Pablo Q as service manager reads and responds. I will also write a fuller review when we return home.
We have spoken to the Sensatori reps with regards our concerns, but sadly without to much success. That is not necessarily their faults, just that in our opinion, Gran Melia guests are treated slightly better in terms of room allocation and quality of those rooms. The Sensatori rep has advised Sensatori guests have only been allocated one block (we are in block 4000 number range). Family friends who booked direct with Gran Melia last month definitely agree with our thoughts. I trust the following does not come across as whining, but the concern we have below is somewhat spoiling our holiday to date.
This is the 4th time we have been to this hotel and our 7th Sensatori holiday to date. As such we do have quite a good view on the brand and quality.
All has been good, sadly apart from our room, which we paid extra for so as to cater for our grown up daughter who has also travelled with us - hence we booked a master suite, which from what most travellers with Sensatori know, it is not an insignificant amount of money to pay. That is a main bedroom and in the living room, a sofa bed for our grown up daughter.
Our room sadly looks out onto wasteland with a great big tree straight in front of the balcony. The bathroom shower leaks over the bathroom floor, there is meant to be wifi connectivity but that is very hit and miss. Maybe the signal strength in the hotel does not reach this far across. Finally, we are on the 4th floor which is ok with us, but we have a family above which at all hours appears to be that they are having running races across the floor, where high heels. So much for a relaxing holiday.
We did ask the Sensatori rep if we could be moved. We were taken to another room, which had the same outlook over the wasteland, but were asked to pay an additional 90 euros per night. We declined. When i asked again about another room, was advised could be moved but another 150 euros per night.
So, to date, holiday has been good, but somewhat ruined to date due to our room allocation. Food is good, entertainment is good..but, if we could get the room issue sorted, then it would be perfect..which is what Sensatori is meant to be.
Update to follow. Regards
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its privileged Oceanfront location, offering spectacular views of the island La Gomera and Mount Teide, the Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort is perfectly integrated in the South west coast of Tenerife. This stunning Design hotel is situated in the fishing village Alcala, a beautiful unspoiled area at five minutes driving distance from the amazing Los Gigantes cliffs. It offers an attractive and inspiring proposal to experience new sensations and to live magic moments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Melia, Agoda, Despegar.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Hotel Alcala
- Gran Melia Guia De Isora
- Palacio De Isora Gran Melia
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Resort & Spa Guia De Isora, Tenerife