We stayed here from the 12th Oct for 1 week on our honeymoon and had a fabulous time. We booked it all through Thomsons and had a great time.
Don't worry about the negative comments that you will see on Tripadvisor - this hotel is great, if your nice to the staff they'll be nice to you. We seen a few rude people trying to get good service but I think its better to treat others how you would like to be treated yourself.
We booked the all inclusive option, also known as the silver drinks package, and we found the choice of free drinks to be great. The wine is good and so is the choice of cocktails.
Our standard room was lovely, although we had a view of the area beside the hotel which wasn't great.
The whole hotel is stunning, wonderful to look at and sit and relax in. The main reception and plaza area are amazing.
We found the food to be great, plenty of choice in the Pangea (buffet) restaurant and we also dined in the Oasis pool grill, Market grill and Club Ocean. We had good service in all of them which included top ups/ refills of wine although we had to ask for it sometimes.
We enjoyed the hydrotherapy spa and would reccommend this to everyone, it was good value at 45 Euros for 2 hours.
The bali bed with champagne included was our highlight, it was amazing. 95 Euros got the bed, champagne, canapes, fruit, sun cream and water. And the view out over the infinity pool then across the ocean is brilliant.
We tipped a few waiters and bar staff at the start of our week and it was money well spent, the service was great and they always looked after you when they were working.
We would love to go back - it was the best holiday we've ever had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its privileged Oceanfront location, offering spectacular views of the island La Gomera and Mount Teide, the Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort is perfectly integrated in the South west coast of Tenerife. This stunning Design hotel is situated in the fishing village Alcala, a beautiful unspoiled area at five minutes driving distance from the amazing Los Gigantes cliffs. It offers an attractive and inspiring proposal to experience new sensations and to live magic moments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Melia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Hotel Alcala
- Gran Melia Guia De Isora
- Palacio De Isora Gran Melia
- Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Resort & Spa Guia De Isora, Tenerife