“Really great” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Really great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Been here 4 times now - great location, great food, great value, we shall be going there again when we next visit Tenerife later this year

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

stockton
“restaurant with a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Had lunch at this restaurant with other half it is one of our favourite restaurants when visiting
Tenerife.
The food is to die for with a twist, we have always had great service never been of an
evening good value.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Roeselare, Belgium
“Wonderfull, delicious, a must do...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

As we have our own restaurant in Belgium, we were told that this place is good. I can say know, I do not agree. This place is close to perfection in price, food, service, team,...
We stayed at Gran Melia close to Sauco for 6 days, we have changed the hotel booking from half board to only breakfast as we were every day in Sauco.
The food here is marvelous. Jorge runs his place in a way, where you can see that he thaught about everything. T-Shirts for when its warm, great idea, lovely plates, clean kitchen, nice team.
No running in the kitchen and most of all, as its always full, no stress at all. That's the way...
Jorge, thanks to you and your team to bring our stay in Alcala to a higher culinary level then in the hotel... Regards, Erwin & Sofie, Sofie's Choice, Belgium

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, England
“Modern Twist in Alcala”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

This restaurant provides a more modern, bistro style, twist to eating out in Alcala than some of the more traditional local restaurants (some of which are excellent by the way). The outside terrace is nice, if its not blowing too hard, and the external heaters are effective. In March we ate once outside and once inside (it was raining) in the evenings and both were a pleasant experience. We didn't have any of the service problems reported by some others and all the staff we encountered were pleasant. We had mainly Italian style dishes and they were all good, as were the portion sizes. The prices were not excessive. We also enjoyed the house wine - much better than most, although I'm not sure about the quantity we were served on the second occasion. Very convenient for the Gran Melia (5 to 10 minute walk along the promenade) and recommend to book in advance to be sure of getting a table.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“The most arrogant and unprofessional service possible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

The only good thing about this place is the view. After booking a table at 19:00 (we were told the kitchen would open at this time), we arrived a little early because we knew we could wait on the terrace. We got our drinks from a waiter who attempted to speak English, but kept switching to Spanish. We live here and we speak Spanish so this is not really a problem, but if the waiter keeps switching to a language he does not command it gets annoying, so in the end we ordered our drinks in Spanish. At 18:50 we asked for the menu which was delivered without any suggestion or comment. We wanted to order another drink, there were at least 3 waiters running around the place, but we failed to get anyone's attention for a full 30 minutes after receiving the menu. At 19:20 nobody had given us any attention and my patience ran out so I got up and asked the waiter if we could get service, he responded by asking what I wanted in such a manner that I no longer felt welcome. I asked to speak to the owner who informed me that sometimes he was the owner and sometimes not and his body language told me that he did not care at all. He asked me what my problem was, I did not bother to answer. We left and had dinner at Restaurant Lupulo on the square in Alcala, a much more professional kitchen and service.
We had visited Sauco before when they just opened, the difference is service is pathetic.
I cannot recommend this place to anyone!

Visited March 2014