“A home from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Australis Noosa Lakes Resort

You added Australis Noosa Lakes Resort to your Saves list
Australis Noosa Lakes Resort
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   3 Hilton Terrace, Tewantin, Noosa, Queensland 4565, Australia   |
Dublin, Ireland
“A home from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2007

A lovely Stay overall. Only One issue when checking in we got a room which hadn't been cleaned the problem was resolved very quickly with major apoligies. Lovely pool area, two pools. Plenty of tourist info in the looby staff very helpful. A great place to rent bikes just out from the complex to the right we cycled all around Noosa heaed and noosa spit... Beautiful area...All accomadation has its own parking space and are self catering apartments. They are very modern and bright...

• Liked — The pool and Balcony
  • Disliked — No real dislikes
  • Stayed July 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2006

Large apartment complex aimed at families with children on a budget. 1.5hours walk to Noosa as almost in Tewantin (15mins car/bus -bus ends just after 6pm though). Studio rooms (downstairs) are tiny and have only microwave for selfcater cooking & because of way the buildings constructed very noisy if someone in unit above you moves at all. I'm sure if you have a hirecar & patience you could find this a cheap place to stay on Noosa holiday, but southern beaches (Peregian/Sunrise/Sunshine/Marcus beaches) hotels have more to offer in terms of direct access to beach & closer to airport. Probably wouldn't stay here again, but would recommend to families if they weren't concerned about beach or locale.

• Liked — 3 nice swimming pools
  • Disliked — Distance from anything
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for a 1 bedroom /upstairs apartment for quietness & full self cater facilities
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2006

My husband and I spent a week at this resort. Make sure you book an apartment room rather than the studio if you want an upstairs room with a full kitchen.

We went for this option and found it very good value. Accommodation is a basic standard, nothing fancy but it is clean and modern in decor.

Resort was very peaceful when we stayed, we had the pool to ourselves most days and gorgeous sunny weather.

You do need a car to get around, it's about a 10 minute drive to Hastings St (main street in Noosa).

Internet access in main foyer is handy and 2 balconies, one overlooking the pool and the other off the bedroom was a nice feature. Reverse cycle aircon/ heating was a bonus.

One thing to note is the rooms are not serviced, so don't expect to come home to a made up bed. Once you run out of loo roll you have to buy your own at $1.50 a roll, which seemed a little unusual as we were only provided one roll for the whole week.

Kitchen contained microwave and full oven, full size fridge with an electric frypan and a couple of saucepans, but I wouldn't say it was 'fully stocked' with utensils. It does have a dishwasher which is good when you're on holidays!

Have a look for a good deal on the internet, we stayed for a week for $80 per night and thought it was a good deal. If we paid $125+ I may have thought differently.

• Liked — Peaceful setting
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2006

It was a beautiful location and the pool looked lovely - though we didn't get an opportunity to use it. The room was basic but had everything you would need including a fridge and microwave. They tried to provide a breakfast box for someone with a gluten and dairy intollerance but in the end there was only fruit that could be eaten.

The room smelt musty - as if it hadn't been used in a long time. But it was clean and had the use of a washing machine with one other apartment.

Would stay there again for the price.

• Stayed December 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2006

As the first anniversary of my stay at Australis Noosa Lakes resort draws near I am still fuming at the treatment my wife & I received after our stay there. As the room had no safe & I was carrying enough cash to last the four weeks of our holiday I decided to hide $1000.00 in the in room compendium (between the inserts) It was virtually un detectable in fact I had trouble finding it again! Unfortunately when leaving I forgot to remove the cash. When I realised the next day I phoned from our hotel in Cairns. I first asked if anyone had ocupied the room we had stayed in & was told that it had remained unlet since our departure. I then went on to explain to the receptionist what had happened, this is where I went wrong I think. I told her that the cash was in the compendium behind the hotels wine & drinks price list. She said she would send someone to the room to recover the money. I gave my mobile no. After three hours had gone by I decided to call back. I was amazed to hear that not only was my money not there but the compendium in the room didn't have a drinks price list! I asked to speak to the manager & was told he was out but would definately call me on his return. The next day I called again as I had heard nothing to be told the manager was still away & no one knew when he would be back. After a further two days I had still not had a call back I decided to try again. This time I spoke to a woman who said she was one of the managers & I told her what had happened. She said she would investigate & call me back. Two days later still no call back, I rang again. This time I actually spoke to the manager & he said he would check the compendium himself, after making the sarcastic remark that I was fortunate to have $1000.00 in cash! He never rang me back, so after three more days I called again. I spoke to the same manager & was told that the room I had stayed in didn't have a compendium! I asked him to report the matter to the police & he refused. By this time we were in Melbourne & I had had enough so I decided to report the loss to the police only to be told that because the incident had happened in Noosa they couldn't even take the report!
I know I should have taken the money when I left but I also know that the only other person who knew it was there was the receptionist who took my call. It's not just the money it's the fact that none of the people I spoke to had the manners to return even one of my many calls. I think they split it between them. I will never visit Australia again!

• Stayed January 2005
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2005

I live in Queensland and have stayed in a number of resorts all over Australia. By general standards this one is about average and typical for the price bracket. First, understand that Noosa is a very outdoors place. Nearly everything happens outdoors. The rooms at Australis are arranged around the grounds, mostly in blocks of 4, with 2 upstairs and two downstairs. The ones around the pool are great and if possible ask for an upstairs room. The room we were in was the smallest (studio) and was really just a place to sleep. Clean enough although a few stains on the carpet but nothing that put you off. Small bar fridge, small sink and a microwave. But food is cheap enough in Noosa so just eat out and take snacks home. There are 3 pools and as one reviewer implied, none are really deep enough for diving but the one at the eastern end of the complex is ok to do laps in - just don't go all the way to the edge at the shallow end. Max depth = 1.9m Yes, a car is a good idea - or at least a bike. But if you dont have one - catch the ferry from the wharf across the road. About $15 but fun. If you come home late you will need a taxi. Would recommend the Italian restaurant at the wharf - great pizza. There is a wine bar there two - again it's outdoor eating and in the hot weather you may feel a bit overwhelmed. So if it's hot, plan to eat late and enjoy the tropical evenings. Staff were efficient and had no problem with our reservation at all. We would stay again. Just remember, if you do not have a car (you can hire one in Noosa - on the spot) you will need to plan transport.

• Stayed February 2005
Glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2005

A car is ESSENTIAL to visit the local area as the "Sunshine Bus" stops after 6p.m. The accommodation is adequate, I stayed 4 days and the rooms werent cleaned once. (maybe thats the norm?) Yes the laundry is a bonus, the pools are paddling pools and ideal for young children, not so if you fancy a few lengths after breakfast as you would scrape your knees after two strokes. Kitchen in rooms? Liberal description. There is a sink, microwave and fridge, no hot plate. The air conditioning blasted dust continually and the tv at a very peculiar angle, bit like being in the front row of the movies. Receptionist Jackie wonderful, but the rest weren't that bothered with customer service. As a solo traveller I appreciated Jackie's local knowledge and advice and thank goodness she was on shift whilst I was there. Go to Eumundi Market, its fantastic (and yes, a drive away!). Internet Access at resort expensive, a cheap and cheerful cafe located at Sunshine Road, just along from the Cinema.

Been to Australis Noosa Lakes Resort? Share your experiences!