COATES LANE FARM COTTAGE, pet friendly, character holiday cottage, with open fire in Starbotton, Ref 3547

Starbotton

Huddy
Huddersfield,United Kingdom
“Lovely Wharfedale Cottage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012 for a stay in January 2012
person found this review helpful

Decided I needed a winter break - just me and my dog! Arrived for 3 nights on 2nd January. Stayed one night and the worst of news came that my brother had passed away (no mobile signal around the area so family had devil of time trying to contact me - eventually via cottage owner who kindly drove down to put a note through my door). So obviously home I went.
Only wanted to mention that as Linda and Keith (owners) were kind enough to give me a credit should I decide to return - which I did last week (end of Jan).
Very cold and snow upon the hills - beautiful! Perfect walking weather, which is the main reason anyone would stay in Wharfedale I guess - although having said that, the dales scenery and the villages in Wharfedale are worthy enough of leisurely sightseeing.
The walks within easy reach from here will satisy the casual walker to the serious hill climber.
Anyway, the cottage...right in the middle of the village. The back door opens up onto a large tarmaced area fully enclosed and with a gate leading directly into the carpark of the Fox & Hounds pub!! How lucky can you get!! Me? Not very - it was closed during my stay for 2 weeks!! But I did manage to venture further afield to other pubs of course and can report a good standard (the Buck Inn at Buckden, a pub with a very good past record, is currently under temporary management awaiting new tenants arriving in Feb I understand).
The village of Starbotton is quiet, as you would expect, and the cottage has everything that you would need for a relaxing and comfortable break.

5 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 4 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
5 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 4 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
4 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 4 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 4 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
4 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Village setting.
Liked least: Local pub closed!
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Interested in this property?
A FlipKey verified reviewer
Hertfordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011 for a stay in April 2011
4 of 5 stars Value 4 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 4 of 5 stars Service
Traveling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Interested in this property?
Check in
Speaks English
Listed since : Apr 2015
Response Rate: 100 %
Calendar Updated: 47 days ago
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing