“Ballooning Virgins” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 2 Attractions in Montisi
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Hot Air ballooning in Tuscany, experience the magic of flight. Hot Air Ballooning tours over Tuscan valleys, hill-top towns, castles, and vineyards. Fly in a hot air balloon in Tuscany from Montisi near Pienza and Montepulciano or Siena and see this magical region from a unique perspective with Ballooning in Tuscany,
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Perth, Australia
21 attraction reviews
“Ballooning Virgins”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We have never done ballooning before. There have been opportunities to do it from York, a small country town near Perth, but the landscape of the area just wasn't appealing. When I discovered that we could balloon over a Tuscan valley, well, that was much more appealing. We booked via the internet, and paid via credit card, with the knowledge that if, for weather reasons, we could not go up, that we would get a full refund. Email communication was excellent, and full of information on how to get to the launch site. Also checked out their web site, which was also very professional.
The weather leading up to our flight day was not particularly encouraging, but we got a flight confirmation email the afternoon before. We were to meet at 0715.
The weather for the morning was definitely better, although still a bit cloudy. We met Chris, the pilot, and Claire, his hard working wife, and a small band of friendly assistants. We got a safety briefing as the big red Virgin balloon got inflated and rose upwards. We then all piled in and gently lifted off. The flight was scheduled for about an hour, and we zig zagged across and up the local Tuscan valleys, over farm houses, forests and fields. Chris was very knowledgable about the area, and was also pleased to provide technical information about ballooning.
Chris sighted our landing area, a small strip of uncultivated earth at the edge of someone's farm. He coordinated the support crew and truck, and we soon saw them making their way up the road. Chris put the balloon precisely on the desired spot, with minimal bumping. Whilst the balloon was being packed away, we enjoyed a champagne brekky on the hill overlooking the tuscan valley. We were then treated to a quick tour of a local terra cotta factory, due to the fact that the owner was on the flight too. After that, we were taken back to the launch site and our cars.
Chris & Claire are very personable people, fluent in english (because they ARE english), and their support crew were also very chatty and friendly.
A great treat and a very well run activity.

Visited October 2012

Miami, Florida
“An amazing experience !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Everything was superb, this is a must do for every single human on earth !!!
The pilot and Claire were incredible professionals, and made this flight unforgetable.
I promise them that I gonna do it again next year with my kids, and they gonna promise me a good discount !!! :-)))
Anyway every single Euro I spent on this was an invesment for my good memories.
This group make with his work a more beautiful world.
I will never forget this experience !!!!
See you soon guys ...

Leo and Claudia from Miami

Malmo, Sweden
“Montisi with a twist”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Ballooning for the firts time over Tuscany was absolutely wonderful. Safety first so we never felt scared one bit. It helped the expirience to patricipate in opening and raising the balloon and aftrevards folding it back in its little )!( bag. Dont miss this!

Brooklyn, New York
“All Smiles!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I can't resist writing to express my enthusiasm for Ballooning in Tuscany. In a trip to Italy full of amazing experiences, floating above the golden Tuscan countryside in a hot air balloon was definitely among the best! My husband was a bit reluctant about the excursion, being afraid of heights, but he was absolutely comfortable and at ease! The ride was so gentle and the view from the basket exhilarating, not scary at all. The pilot, Chris, and the whole crew worked together to make our experience safe and fun, and it was a treat from start to finish- from watching the balloon being unfurled and inflated in the little valley outside Montisi, to helping put it away after we gently touched down in an idyllic field. Our celebratory picnic at the end complete with prosecco was a perfect way to complete the experience. We were smiles all day long and beyond!

Hong Kong
“Absolute Must!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Let me start off by saying I don't write reviews unless I really, really enjoyed the service I've used. This flight was excellent! Top notch! If you are anywhere near the area, take advantage of what will be a very memorable flight. The staff are extremely kind and pleasant and don't worry if you are the type that is afraid of heights. My wife was hesitant to fly, especially when she only found of the night before, but she was beyond thrilled afterwards. Chris was the perfect pilot and the whole experience was very laid back. Time literally flew by as you get lost in the peacefulness of it all. If I make it back to Siena, this will definitely be top on the list!

Visited July 2012