“Overall it was okay, but still need a lot of improvements.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Montemar Beach Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bagac
Montemar Beach Club
You added Montemar Beach Club to your Saves list
Sitio Pasinay, Barangay Pag-Asa, Bagac, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bagac
Angeles City, Angeles, Philippines
“Overall it was okay, but still need a lot of improvements.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We arrived Friday, June 21 on a rainy afternoon. First reaction was wow, place looks really spacious and green everywhere. But that's all the "wow" in it. Reception is small, and the only place that have Wi-Fi, and a sofa good for at least 2-3 petite people. Confirmed our reservation and got our keys then we're off to our rooms (we had 2 separate deluxe rooms as we are 5 in the family, with 2 teenage girls who likes to be on their own). We were on the first floor with the garden view. I might say I am quite impressed with the room size and the view from the terrace. But when I checked on the amenities, saw that some of their furniture's are already a little worn out, also the fixtures in the bathroom, TV have limited channels and signal is not so good. I mean its P4,550/night, it may not be a lot to some people, but for us it is, we expect a little bit better than this. Worst part came when it was time to sleep, since we are on the first floor, we can hear the footsteps of the people on the room above us. It was really annoying, it was our 1st night, we are tired and would like to have a quiet night; around 10:30pm when they start dragging I think some chairs, without even thinking that there could be other guests downstairs. I complained about it the next morning and was happy that the staff spoke to them, so it was okay already on our 2nd night, still noisy from time to time but not as bad as it was on our 1st night. Here are my notes while we were on our 3d 2n stay in Montemar.

-Staffs are very attentive, always greeting us with a smile and asking if we need anything.
-Pool itself is clean and well maintained but the chairs around are dirty and no one even bothers to clean it.
-Food is okay, but could be better, also the portions are quite small and the price is I think on a higher side, one not-so-jumbo hotdog costs P85 etc.
-NO Wi-Fi on the rooms!!! Please work on this one!
-Rooms are clean and spacious, there's also a vault for some valuables and ref was stacked with drinks.
-I love that the place is surrounded with big trees, gives you the feeling of being really one with nature.

Overall it was good/okay for me, but there's still room for a lot of improvements. Also, one more thing, they should not offer recreation unless they can live up to it. They offer fishing, yet fish pond is drained, they offer tennis, and yet court is muddy and slippery etc. I can understand that it was raining almost the whole week, but they can also put that as a *note* on their flyers.

Room Tip: Request for 2nd floor if there's available room/s, cause if you're at the 1st floor, people...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

White beach. Pawikan Conservatory. Nice view. Excellent food. Nice ambiance. All of these make up this place as the best in Bagac. We stayed at their up and down villa at and the experience was priceless. The resort, hotel and beach are well maintained. One of the most memorable place I have been and I look forward coming back to there. The only negative thing I have to say is its price. But then again, the experience is priceless and you will surely get whta you pay for.

Room Tip: Make a bonfire at night, or drink with your friends at the beach. Surely a memorable experience.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights, the resort was lovely and it was relaxing, the food was delicious and we love the pool! But I think they are renovating it now, and improving the facility. The rooms are spacious, perfect for a vacation.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We held our National Sales Conference here. The resort is well maintained, clean and the food taste freakin good! Interior in every room is nice. The view from our room is very relaxing. What can you say the beach is clean and the pools as well. Love the furnitures! Also if your a fitness fan you can walk or do jogging/running. If you wan to relax and want to head somewhere near the Metro, Montemar is the BEST place for you.

• Stayed March 2013
Luzon, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The place is clean and has been improved a lot. I prefer this place than the nearby Anvaya even if its new, the service and the staffs are great compared to Anvaya which is horrible, they only say "it's not allowed", the food is bad also. Here in Montemar, they try to give you whatever is possible and you can request your own recipe for your orders.

The price is okay not too pricey and the food quality is decent. The design of the place and the rooms has had a facelift but I guess the main architecture is still old so you would know that the place is built in the 70s. It is actually nostalgic. But in the end it's not the design that makes a vacation, it is the overall stress free experience and the service that matters.

Weekdays this place is not packed, this is the best time to be here. Weekends would still be okay even if it's full, you could still find your corner here.Just wish there is no company outings.

Room Tip: The beds has pullouts, we didn't notice on our first night.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

It was my second time to stay in the resort for company outings. Got 3 pools, and a lots of amenities (billiards, basketball, table tennis, kids playground and tree house). On my second visit, I noticed that the beach is now well maintained and clean. Unlike my first one, the shoreline is too rocky and trash are scattered everywhere, but now there is not much rocks and garbage. Swimming pools are clean. Rooms are beautiful and clean, it can accomodate 7-8 pax in a room. Down side is the food service. Never taste better, and too pricey for a small amount of servings.

• Stayed April 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Montemar Beach Club? Share your experiences!