“Lovely cabins with personal style” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Acres Motel & Cottages

Sea Acres Motel & Cottages
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pemaquid
Sea Acres Motel & Cottages
You added Sea Acres Motel & Cottages to your Saves list
23 Bradley Hill Road, Pemaquid, ME 04558   |
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Lovely cabins with personal style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We came to this place to find very friendly hosts and a lovely cabin, equipped with a lot of heart means charming decorations - what I would call "homey" bed and breakfast style. There are gorgeous seafood places close by. As a footnote: beds were a bit too soft

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Franklin, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

We stayed at Sea Acres at the end of Sept. 2011. We reserved a room ahead of time, and when my sister backed out on our plans, we tried to change to a smaller room and were not allowed to. The owner said she had turned others away, but we saw only one other cabin rented during our four day stay. We found her pleasant and helpful, but rather rigid. I imagine this is due to the fact that with the winter coming on they will likely not have many more guests, and needed the money. I would recommend seeing a room before committing to it and giving a credit card for your reservation.

Our room was a one bedroom efficiency, and it was well equipped with a fridge, stovetop, microwave, a toaster (it didn't pop- beware!), and pots, pans, etc. We had two double beds in the bedroom, and a nice little couch, chair, and table in the living room.

Our room was moderately musty- the windows had been opened to air it out, and the sheets had obviously been changed, as they were fresh and not musty. The drawers in the dresser were musty though, and I didn't use them. If you have severe allergies, this is not the place for you. I also found the dishes to be musty, and re-washed them before using them. It basically smells like an old vacation cabin. If you don't mind this, then it's very clean besides.

The place was very clean- especially the bathroom. I gave the baby a bath in the tub without thinking twice. I'm sure it was cleaner than my bath at home. The water in the shower was very hot- it was nice, but irregular if someone in one of the other cabins was using it, and I got some hot and cold blasts that made one of my showers unpleasant.

The only other negative about the room would be the very thin walls. I think the owners ought to be more accommodating to changes due to this fact alone- I could hear every step taken in the living room of our efficiency as well as a lot of noise from the room next door. I am sure we would have slept better in one of their stand alone cabins, as I need it to be quiet and dark (I admittedly have a difficult time sleeping with any noise). Oooops- there's another slight problem I had. The curtains are insufficient to keep light out of the bedroom (we had), but we remedied this by hanging one of the extra blankets provided over the window.

The owners provided us with a pack and play for the baby to sleep in, as well as a sheet and blanket for it, and this was much appreciated. There is also a playground for the kiddos and a pool. The wooden playground looked nice, the metal swingset was a bit rickety. There is a dock and water out back (a ways back) and the kids had fun checking that out. The place is also just 3 miles from Pemaquid Point, so there is plenty to see and do.

We had the four efficiency units as well as one of the cabins, and my family is admittedly noisy. They stayed up one night (long after I was in bed) playing guitar and singing, and the owners tolerated this until 2 or so in the morning when the husband came out and told them to knock it off. They were very polite again the next day when we were paying ;). I think $115 a night was a tad expensive for the mustiness and such, but we saved money by having the kitchenette, and having all of the stuff to keep the kids busy made it worth it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

Stayed in a 2 room, 4 bed, 1 bath cottage. VERY clean and quiet. Off the main road. Lovely trees. Close to food, the Pemaquid Point lighthouse point and other touristy areas. The little extra touch of a hand held shower head was great for 4 women of varying heights! Will definitely return to this place when I'm in the area. We were able to wifi our computers. No restaurant on location but close. Small pool but so much to do we never used it. Great treed area, short walk to the bay behind the cottages. Playground on site.

Room Tip: The cottages at the back of the property