“Spectacular Resort and setting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai to your Saves list
Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   68 Moo 6, Mae Rim-Samoeng Old Road, Mae Rim 50180, Thailand   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Third Night!
Ranked #1 of 16 hotels in Mae Rim
Detroit, Michigan USA
“Spectacular Resort and setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Once at this resort you will never want to leave. The setting is mystical and the resort and it's amenities are so impressive. If you have a chance , try to stop by and just see this place. Seemingly cut out of the forrest and countryside the rooms are amazing and spacious, and the food just wonderful. Pretty amazing place. Sorry I had to leave - but I have my memories!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jeff M, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear MartinJay633,

You are always welcome to come back to see us again!! Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and your kind words in your review. I know that we will see you again at sometime in the future here in Chiang Mai.

506 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I took my wife and toddler to Four Seasons to celebrate a birthday. We planned to eat, spa, drink & relax...not necessarily in that order. This resort is amazing, not just because of the beautiful surroundings or amazing rooms, it is the staff. They own the benchmark for hospitality. They remembered our names & our preferences and made us feel welcome in their home. Our favorite staff was the pink albino buffalo who is led around the resort daily. If you've never seen a pink buffalo, and I am guessing you haven't, it is worth the trip just for that.

Note: I work at another Four Seasons Hotel and was at Chiang Mai on a holiday visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear AustinWSingapore,

Thank you so much for staying with us on your recent Birthday trip! I am pleased to see that you and your family had such a nice time with us. I hope that you all are able to come back and spend more of these special days with us in the future. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Leon, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This has to be one of the most beautiful properties in the world! It is made even better by the gracious Thai people who work here. Individual Thai houses are scattered throughout an elegant, "manicured" jungle; each has its own private veranda. You can call for one of the golf carts to come and pick you up if it is raining or even if you are just feeling lazy or special. There are five higher end shops associated with the property, each with wonderful goods. My only suggestion for improvement is for the chef to provide more frequently replenished buffet items so that the food remains hot and fresh. The Thai restaurant serves delicious food when ordered from the menu; you can choose your level of spiciness. We have one more night of a three night stay; I wish I could stay another week!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear CharlieY,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Thailand. I am very happy to see that you really enjoyed your time with us. Thank you as well for the feedback on the breakfast buffet. We have addressed this comment to insure it does not happen again. I hope that we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again soon.

Didsbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Not been as impressed as a hotel and the people in it since I was a nipper, and to be fair all I needed then was a water slide, i'd like to think i'm a tad more demanding now.

The pools are idyllic, the infinity pool does what it says on the tin with views that Alan Wicker would have been lucky enough to see in all his travels.

Its been said a million times on here but the staff are just so nice it makes you think they're members of a cult. Every one of them was an absolute credit to the hotel.

Arunee in the residence part of the hotel was absolutely priceless. The kids were mortified when they realised she wasn't coming home with us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Simon W,

Thank you very much for your kind words about our resort after your recent stay with us! I am happy to see that you and your family enjoyed yourselves so much. I will pass along your comments to Arunee as they are much appreciated. We hope to see you again very soon!

sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

A beautiful resort where you can enjoy the tranquillity and peace like you are the only person around if you wanted. Beautiful luxurious rooms with your own private outdoor area , if you are lucky overlooking the rice paddies. This is a place where you want to have some time to actually enjoy your room and surroundings, where you have a cup of tea or a cocktail in your own private outdoor lounge. The resort is located about 45 mins from the city and the taxi ride cost about 750 Thai Baht each way. The concierge can organise a taxi for you. The resort also has a shuttle bus that drops you off and picks you up; the schedule of the transport can be picked up from reception. The staff are all very polite and friendly and are always ready to help.

The rooms are large and the bed is extremely comfortable with a fantastic bathroom and a nice deep bath. Definitely recommend this resort and i will stay in this resort again if I ever come back to Chiang Mai.

Room Tip: you can get rooms near the pool or over looking the rice fields. My preference was the rice paddy...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Poorany,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Chiang Mai. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us and especially your relaxtion time on the Sala. I hope that if you are ever coming back to the North of Thailand you will make a stop in and stay with us again!

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was part of a 40 person corporate entourage from Australia for our high achiever recognition program and stayed at the Four season for four nights.

The setting was truly picturesque, in fact several of us commented on how much the scenery looked like a painting. One could chose to spend the entire time within the confines of the resort and pass the time at the day spa, observing the authentic rice patty workers, hanging out with the water buffalo, walking around the lush grounds, snacking off the raised porch assigned to each of the spacious standard rooms or simply sleeping in.

Some if us did the cooking class and were entertained by the very vivacious and cheeky female chef who, upon assigning her assistant the task of pounding the ingredients of the curry paste with pestle and mortar called out "faster, faster, harder, harder" as words of encouragement!

Yes it is a little out of the way ( ie a 45 minutes drive into town) but you don't chose to stay at a place like this and expect to have a 5 minute walk into the action.!

From the perspective of being part of a large group with several scheduled activities, most of us still managed to experience privacy, peace and quiet in the "free time" allocated which is rare to do.

In addition to the above, the ABSOLUTE highlight for me was the supreme comfort of the bed and pillows!!!!. For one as particular as myself.... a 10/10 rating for the comfort of the bed and pillows, to the extent that I MUST know the brand and composition so I can source those same pillows myself, is a very exceptional score indeed!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear MSVic11,

We were so happy to have all of you with us on your trip to Chiang Mai! I am glad that the everyone had such a good time. Thank you for your kind words about the resort and the Cooking School. I hope that you are able to retunr again very soon for another little escape.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Thailand is one of our favorite destinations and while we really enjoyed Chiang Mai, our stay at the Four Seasons was mixed especially when compared to recent stays at other FS properties in Asia. First, however, I would like to commend the resort's staff which were phenomenal going the extra mile at every turn. In particular, the cooking school and kids' club staff were excellent. Be sure to ask to launch illuminated Thai lanterns at night if given the opportunity. The resort's grounds while well manicured attempt to capture local village life, but somehow fell a bit short. The resort's villas, however, were spacious and well appointed. Unfortunately, development has encroached on the resort and much heavy traffic was clearly audible day and night. Surprisingly, the resort's two restaurants had limited menus especially at the Thai restaurant (inexplicable....). Indeed, the room service menu was actually more extensive. The breakfast buffet was also underwhelming - i.e., orange juice from a box is not exactly what one expects at the FS. Given this anything other than a long weekend stay would have proved tiring. The resorts' excellent staff more than compensated for these shortcomings, but management should consider some improvements. Overall, aside from the staff, this resort is not on a par with other FS properties in the region.

Room Tip: Note that some rice terrace pavilions are located at the far end of the resort and are extremely clo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Chris W,

Thank you for taking the time to fill in this survey about your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to see that our staff looked after you during your stay. I will pass along your comments to each of the departments that you spoke about. I also wanted to thank you for your feedback regarding your dining. This feedback is very important. This information has been shared with the team and we are making improvments. I hope that when you are back in Thailand again you will come see us for another visit.

Jeff

Been to Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai? Share your experiences!