“You must try their Thai Restaurant.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai

You added Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai to your Saves list
Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   68 Moo 6, Mae Rim-Samoeng Old Road, Mae Rim 50180, Thailand   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Third Night!
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Mae Rim
Bangkok, Thailand
“You must try their Thai Restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We did not stay at the Four Seasons but like during our previous visit to Chiang Mai, we patronised their Thai restuarant twice once for dinner and once for lunch. The food is as always very nice including at lunch when a buffet is on offer and in spite of this the food is feshly prepared and dished out on the buffet table. The setting is lovely overloooking the resort grounds which are magnificent.
A must try whilst in Chiang Mai even if you do not stay there!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeff M, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear TequilaPepita,

I am so happy you were able to come to our resort and enjoy Sala Mae Rim again! I hope that in the future you will also decide to say with us at the resort to enjoy everything else we have to offer. Wishing you a Happy New Year!!

Jeff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This latest visit in Dec 2012 was our fourth stay at Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai and the entire experience was delightful as we've found before. The ambiance of the entire resort is very relaxing. The service, on the whole, is impeccable. The guest room (pool villa) is beautiful and very private. The food is first class as you would expect it to be. The in-house facilities are appropriate for this type and size of resort.
We look forward to returning soon for a fifth stay.

Room Tip: Pool Villa's are expensive but very comfortable, private and set away from the main part of the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeff M, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear TikkaKobiNemo,

I wanted to reach out and thank you for your continued support of the Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai. I am so happy to see that you are still enjoying all the resort has to offer after so many visits with us! I do hope that we can keep this as a tradition and will see you back very soon. Wishing you and your fmaily a Happy Holiday season!

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My wife, two kids and I truly enjoyed our stay at the Four Seasons in Chiang Mai. Eveything was perfect! What made it truly memorable is how we were welcomed by your very courteous staff, especially Taew.
We came with our son's teacher who was booked at a hotel near the Four Seasons. After my family had checked in, she assisted us in checking our teacher into her hotel and really went out of her way to accompany us there! Unbelievable!
We've traveled the world and have been to many similar places but never have experienced this kind of unparalleled service!
Thank you Taew and thank you everyone at the Four Seasons Chiang Mai!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear TGK2012,

Thank you very much for coming and spending your family vacation with us here in Chiang Mai! I was so happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us! I am especially happy to see how Taew, at our Front Desk, looked after you during your arrival. I would be pleased to pass along your kind words to her!
I do hope that we get to welcome you back to Chiang Mai in the future!! Happy Holidays!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed at the Four Seasons Chiang Mai in December 2012. I didn't quite know what to expect as my idea of resort usually doesn't involve being built around a rice paddy but the design, layout, calm atmosphere and wonderful staff bring this place to perfection. The staff was very helpful in suggesting things for us to do, you can even bike to the nearby Tiger Kingdom on their complimentary bikes from the fitness center which is a fun way to see the area. Highly suggest staying in a pool villa - very private and quiet. However even the main pool was very quiet, calm and relaxing. The dining options on sight, particularly the fabulous breakfast buffet, were great and the multi-course "Sala" dining option was by the far the best in-room dining experience I have ever had. If you are going to Thailand definitely do not pass this place up, I cannot wait to return here!

Room Tip: Suggest a Pool Villa, makes you feel like you are in your own private jungle.
Dear MJM1234,

Thank you so much for staying with us on your recent trip to Chiang Mai! I am so happy to see that you enjoyed the activities and relaxed atmosphere of the resort. I have to say that I find it very tranquil as well. I hope that we will see you back very soon in Chiang Mai! Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year!

Barnsley, United Kingdom
1,225 reviews 1,225 reviews
3,609 helpful votes 3,609 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I would just like to start by saying that I'm just a normal hard working bloke from the UK who wanted a really special honeymoon & saved really hard.I'm no high roller that travels in private jets & is used to paying £1000's for hotel rooms. So paying £600 a night for a pool villa is a major expense to me.
Wow, it was worth double that & I would have gladly paid it & with the rest of the hotel grounds & facilities, this place is entry level paradise.
The pool villas are massive, with own private pool, jacuzzi & outdoor patio & dining area. The inside has a bed & seating area, with massive bathroom with sunken bath & outside rain shower.
The service at this hotel is beyond belief. All the staff know your names within hours of your arrival. Because we got married just before this trip, my wife had to use her maiden name as per her passport. I mentioned to one member of staff we were married & as if my magic, she was addressed as her married name for the rest of our stay by every member of staff we met.
We visited the main pool on our 1st day & within 5 minutes, I was being sprayed with cooled Evian spray & somebody was polishing my sun glasses.
The breakfast is the best I have ever had in a hotel with absolutely everything you can possible desire & the view from the patio over the paddy fields is simply breathtaking.
I could repeat other people's reviews about how great everything is, but lets just say, in my opinion, this must be one of the best hotels in the world & I feel privileged to have spent 3 nights here. I have reviewed the amazing spa & the private rice barn dining separately & they are equally magical.
I've read reviews about the pool villas where people have complained about having to open two doors to get in or having to walk on pebbles by their pool which hurts their feet. Well their lives must be a one of significant privilege, because they are beyond heaven.
With a heavy heart I left this place today & will be working so hard bak in the UK to repeat this dream in the future.
Thanks to everybody at FS for making my honeymoon so special.

Dear Chris H,

Thank you so much for staying with us on your recent visit to Chiang Mai! I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will be delighted to share all of your kind words with our team here. I do hope we get to have you back at the Four Seasons Chiang Mai soon and you have a Happy New Year!

HK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I spent five days at the Four seasons chiang mai. This is our second trip to CM, we decided to book the FS as we stayed at the mandarin oriental (MO) couple of years back. Overall it was a pleasant trip but we were left a bit disappointed on various minor problems at the hotel.
In summary we felt that the four seasons chiang mai, operates under the minor intl group, is probably too profit focus and lost sight on creating quality of service and failed to give us a sense of "money well spent". Compared to our stay at MO, at similar prices, felt much better 'value'. Unlucky for four seasons as we stayed at both and we kept making this comparison.

Pros:
- large ground full of greenies
- decent size room, well maintained
- Mae rim is a good area. Free mountain bike rental is great to explore the countryside.
- good distance between each villa and pavilions. A lot of privacy
- four shuttles a day to CM town. It's not as far as some suggested.
- plenty of free drinking water around the resort! This is the only good 'value' we felt? Free ice water as soon as you sit by the pool. A lot of other resorts trying to make you pay for every bottle.

Cons:
- ordered in room dining at the sala balcony for lunch. Plates were left there overnight for 18hrs before they were removed. Red ant invasion of the sala. Sloppy house keeping
- we had a drink at the pool side one evening. A RAT appeared by our sun bed and my wife totally freaked out. I know the resort is in a rural area and we should expect insects and small animals. Not a RAT by the bar and its only few steps away from the Italian restaurant kitchen? When we complain to the bar staff, he said he saw the rat as well in the afternoon but they did nothing about it?!!??
- we asked the concierge on various elephant camps in the area. We were thinking to visit some nature reserves instead of various tourist traps similar to snake farms and crocodile farms. The guy had no clue and instead suggest we go to their usual elephant camp to watch them do stuff like painting and dancing. No mate. We went to the elephant nature park instead, a much better experience. The guy at FS has not heard of this place.
- the same guy at conceige recommend us to take the hotel limo into town at 2800 bht without mentioning they can call a taxi at 400-600bht. Back to my point about trying too hard to make money. Give us a choice, don't always push for the high profit stuff!
- hotel food so so. Breakfast was very average.
- We had dinner at both restaurants. Food was well cooked, but the portion at the Thai restaurant was very small. Isn't Thai cuisine, like other Asians, emphasis on family sharing various dishes on the table? Two of us paid 2000bht, and didn't feel full after the dinner. To be honest given we are paying up thousands of usd to stay here, why being so cheap on the portion size? Adding 20% more ingredient won't hit your profit margin that much.
- Italian restaurant had a better value set dinner (probably not enough ppl go there) at 900bht for three course. The lobster pasta dish was well cooked. but we felt the a la carte menu choices wasn't that interesting. Struggled to choose something we liked.
- tips for diners- head out to the coffee shop at Tita gallery 7min walk away from the FS. Very pleasant place. There's a family hotel next door called Mae rim lagoon. Great value lunch and dinner with northern Thai cuisine at reasonable prices (75% less than what we paid at FS). Excellent cookies. help the local economy by eating at the lagoon and shopping at Tita.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear ecy20,

I would first like to thank you very much for staying at our resort on your trip to Chiang Mai. While I was happy to see that you did enjoy aspects of the resort, I was more concerned about the apsects you did not enjoy. Please know that this feedback is very valuable to us. I will be taking all of this feedback to our team so we may learn and grow from it to better improve our product. I also noted that you have traveled to Chiang Mai several times in the past. If in the future you are going to return to Chiang Mai please do contact me so I may show you a better Four Seasons experience on your next visit.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I recently traveled to Thailand for our honeymoon in November. We stayed in Bangkok, chiang Mai, and krabi, respectively. We planned this thinking - city first, country and sightseeing next, and finally relaxing on a beautiful beach to wrap up our special time. Of our 12 days abroad, (Spending four of which at the Four Seasons Chiang Mai) our best time was at the Four Seasons by far. The grounds and property were beautiful. The attention to detail was second to none. Everyday, fresh flowers decorated the paths of the resort and the staff kept the setting pristine. It was perfect.
Both pools were great. Very tranquil. My wife and I had the adult pool to ourselves everyday we decided to take a dip or lay out. Lots of privacy.
The food, although we never actually dinner at the restaurant, was awesome. Two nights there we ordered in room service and ate on our sala. The other nights we spent in the old city for dinner and sightseeing. The breakfast amazing as well. Everything from eggs, pastries, meats, cheeses, cereals, to pad Thai and congee. All of which I gladly consumed.
The concierge service was also very good. Pailin attended to us. She pointed us in the right direction when we asked advice. If elephant riding is a must, definitely go to Baan Chang Elephant Camp. The experience my wife and I had with the elephants was a once in a lifetime experience for sure.
Unfortunately, right now, I am writing this review back in NYC during my jury duty break. Ugh. Four Seasons Chiang Mai please "beam" us back both back!!! In all honesty, if anyone has the opportunity to ever visit Thailand and wants to indulge and be pampered, make sure you stay at this establishment. It was the best place I have ever stayed at. We will definitely return one day!!!

Michael & Jessica

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeff M, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear MRSPARDOG,

We wish that you were back with us right now as well! I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your honeymoon with us! I also thank you very much for the kind words you shared about the staff and will pass them along to them. I do hope that you are not in jury duty for to much longer. Thank you again for staying with us and we will see you back in Chiang Mai very soon!

Jeff

Been to Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai? Share your experiences!