We checked into Four Seasons Chiang Mai for a day’s stay on 26th September. Upon arrival at the resort, we were given a traditional welcome with garlands made from water lilies. The resort lobby and exteriors seemed very plush and opulent and we knew were at a special place. We were given cold towels and a drink as refreshments, before a simple check in process ensured that we were ready to be shown to our rooms.
The resort has 2 restaurants (Thai and Italian), as well as a romantic dining option. We visited the Italian restaurant for dinner which was on an elevated stilt overlooking a lush green and at times swampy paddy field with rice barn like structures scattered in the distance .
I thought that the icing on the cake at FS was the Building that houses the SPA, Fitness centre, Swimming pools and their Italian restraint. For starters it is right on the Paddy field and anyone swimming in the pool just needs to look up and catch a great view of their terraced paddy fields. The building also has a second (much smaller) pool, on the lower deck for adults only and this pool is almost at the same level of the paddy and provides for absolute privacy.
We also got a chance to go on a mountain biking trip on the morning of our check out. The fitness centre provides high quality cycles with attached maps on a complimentary basis. We went on a brisk one hour cycle tour across the Thai country side through public roads.
The check out was a rather mediocre experience. The buggy driver pretty much dragged our luggage down the steps of the room, we could hear the loud thuds of our boxes hitting the steps and railings. We were accorded some mechanical smiles and clichéd ‘hope you had a pleasant stay’ lines at the front desk. By the time we reached our taxi, we realized that only our buggy driver and luggage person was present for a goodbye.
We played close to 28000/- THB for our stay and while the hotel property and infrastructure is absolutely world class, the service levels (specially the middle and senior management) left a lot to be desired.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai Hotel Mae Rim
- 4 Seasons Resort Chiang Mai
- Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai Hotel
- Four Seasons Chiang Mai
- Four Seasons Thailand
- Chiang Mai Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A place of gourmet coffee and tea with relaxation atmosphere situated opposite to the Four Seasons Resort Chiangmai. Serving organic coffee and homemade cakes. An art gallery feature local an international artwork. Work exhibited is changing every 6-8 weeks through out the year. High craft premiums and handmade designed-twisted products are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.