“One of the worst things I've ever seen.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 18 Attractions in Mae Rim
Type: Educational Sites, Zoos & Aquariums
Brighton, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
“One of the worst things I've ever seen.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Please, please do not go here. It is disgraceful and the people who run this hell should not be rewarded with your money. I was always a bit apprehensive about going to animal attractions in Thailand, but I thought as monkeys are such intelligent animals that they might be treated with a bit of respect. Like many others here I only went here as our driver took us here on a day driving from attraction to attraction. The monkeys were in chains with metal rings around their neck and they were clearly pulling at the chain to make it less tight around their heads. I can't believe anyone could be so cruel as to treat animals this way. The tricks they do they're clearly forced into doing. Complete animal abuse. Going there is something I will never forgive myself for.

Visited April 2012

• Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
“Caged beast. Terrible conditions”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

Our driver took us to this place and I was a little excited at first. The ticket only 200bht and then they ask you to buy food for the monkeys. We only got one basket and when we walked through I nearly burst into tears immediately. There was more then 50 monkeys. All the same type. All with 1 meter apart and chained up to a tiny chain so they can't even more around. Bout 20 cm long. They all started to flip when they saw us with the food and could barely reach it when when threw it to them. Sooooo horrible. Outside the front they have about 4 baby monkeys on tiny cages. One reached out its little hand and just sat there holding my fingers. It was the worst place I visited in chiang mai for sure. Don't go unless you like animal cruelty.

Voorburg, The Netherlands
11 attraction reviews
“Horrific- absolute animal abuse”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I didn't know this place existed, until my guide suggested to stop by after my visit to the Tiger Kingdom. I wish I hadn't said yes; it broke my heart to see how the animals were treated. They are kept on really short metal chains. I was shocked from the moment I walked in. About 3 min. after I entered, it was announced that a monkey show was coming up. I watched for about 5 min. until I absolutely couldn't take it anymore and left. The monkeys are commanded to perform all kinds of stupid little tricks, such as picking the number mentioned for a line up and lifting a light dumbell, but when this doesn't happen quickly enough they are janked on these metal rings (see photos) which are put around their necks. I only wish I could do something, so the place would be closed down.

Visited April 2012
Chiang Mai, Thailand
4 attraction reviews
“Very Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great show and very nice to pet the baby monkeys! Never knew that monkeys would swim under water???????

Chiang Mai, Thailand
39 attraction reviews
“A badly organised tourist spectacle”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

These sort of attractions do nothing to enhance the experience of tourists visiting the area.

The animals are badly treated, the show is not worth watching, and the whole sad place should be avoided.

Visited September 2011